Gaming Game with the best sound

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a bit hard to say. I guess the game with some of the best tunes (for me) would be Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow. POR was decent, and Order of Ecclesia had the awesome Albus boss theme.

I'm willing to assume Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days will have awesome music.

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I don't know if they would count, but both Crayon ShinChan games have EXCELLENT voice-overs. Each (or at least, almost every) single line of dialog is dubbed by the voice actors from the TV show... that is, those that dub the show in Spain. Since you added Soma Bringer, I guess that games not released in America also count
tongue.gif

Here is a quick demo of the game in Spanish. Take into account that the quality of the sound (and video) are not as good as in a real DS, but still, it's a great demo xD

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 has amazing audio. I am playing it through my 5.1 speakers (Prologic 2 mode) with subwoofer, and it sounds freakin' amazing. Also, Chocobo Tales sounds very nice, and it has the option for surround sound. Seriously, having headphones or speakers and subwoofer really brings life into the DS sound. I can't imagine going back to listening through the tinny built-in speakers.

Gwozdz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heroes of Mana.

I downloaded the OST to this game, and its amazing quality. Unfortunately the game is not nearly as good.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess if I can include games with cool voice acting, I'll mention Crash of the Titans. And yes, I know I mention it a lot here, but the entire game is voiced!
ohmy.gif

I like the music of both Kirby Super Star Ultra and Chrono Trigger DS, but those are ports/remakes, so technically, they aren't original music pieces. But kudos to SE for making Chrono Trigger's soundtrack sound EXACTLY like it did on SNES.

As much as I hate the Rayman DS port, one thing it got right was the sound. All the music and sound effects from the N64 version of Rayman 2 were perfectly recreated. And those were really great. The Raymanese is really charming. But I suggest staying away from the actual game. The sound is probably the ONLY good thing about it.

Base

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In my opinion, it would have to be The World Ends with You. Awesome music. Sonic Rush is also pretty good.

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
im going to go out on a limb here and say "Korg DS-10" has the best sound.......but only because i am able to make my own beats and tunes, and have then sound how i want..

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I actually made a thread just like this one in another forum, but I can't find it now ):

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (didn't like the game but I loved the OST, one of Sakimoto's best IMO), Soma Bringer, Space Invaders Extreme, The World Ends With You, Phoenix Wright series, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Kirby SuperStar Ultra, Sonic Rush...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But for $20 he will still let you...