Game version from PKG Viewer different from PS4 Game Information?

Gudradan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys one easy (maybe) question: I have a .pkg file and when I open it with Package Viewer it shows v1.01, but when I install it on my PS4 and I check the game information it says v1.00 (and when I launch the game there is no sign of the current build, so I really don't know what is the real version). It's because is a remaster maybe (I read that remasters stay on 1.00)? Or a Package Viewer bug? And what is the real game version, 1.01 or 1.00? Thank you.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, even if you create a param.sfo with app version greater than 1.00, it will be added to the master version instead unless you build it with a base game. Master version is read as V in pkg name. App version is A.

Reactions: Gudradan

Gudradan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
BTW, even if you create a param.sfo with app version greater than 1.00, it will be added to the master version instead unless you build it with a base game. Master version is read as V in pkg name. App version is A.

My .pkg doesn't have the original file name (with Axxxx-Vxxxx) but PKG Viewer say that the APP Version is 1.00 and the Version is 1.01. So it's a base game with update installed? I'm sorry, I'm fairly new to this and don't know the difference between App_ver and ver.

EDIT: if it helps and doesn't go against the rules I can post a screenshot of the file opened with PKG Viewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1