Game Updates

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Erfg1, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Erfg1
    OP

Erfg1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    I have a game I dumped, but when I download and try to install an update from PSN it fails. Is there a way to use vitamin to patch the update files or a different way to install them?

2. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    No, you have to dump the game with the update again.

3. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

Nov 19, 2008
    Does anybody know where the game updates are downloaded to? As in which folder before they are installed?

4. lonewolf08

lonewolf08 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    In ux0:/bgdl/t as far as installing the update goes I'm still kinda confused everywhere you go it says something different. I will be experiment myself with silent hill later today.

5. riggs

riggs GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    Lincs
    Also wondering what I'm supposed to do with updates.

I've downloaded a trial from PSN, updated it to latest version then used Vitamin 2.0 to dump both the game and update. Deleted the original download and installed the dumped version (v1.00), but how do I install the dumped update? I've got a VPK of the update but after installing it the game no longer works.

6. GanglyFever

GanglyFever Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2016
    United States
    Did you install the update with Vitashell 0.95?

7. riggs

riggs GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    Lincs
    Yup. Dumped with Vitamin 2.0, installed with Vitashell 0.95.

No error message/crash, just get an infinite black screen after booting the game. Original v1.00 dump works fine, but I need to update so I can get access to my PS3 cloud save.

It's Minecraft btw.

[edit]
    Found a dumped version of the previous update (v1.33) in a non-VPK format (zipped files/folders). Copied this over to ux0:/app/PCSB00560 and I'm still getting a black screen, despite other users claiming this update works for them.

Also tried;
    Someones v1.00 dump + my v1.35 update dump = black screen
    Someones v1.00 dump + someones v1.33 dump = C2-12828-1 error (this should've worked according to the dumpers Reddit thread)

Last edited by riggs, Sep 11, 2016
  8. lonewolf08

lonewolf08 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    I'm also having a ton of issues with updates. I gave up on silent hill and started with sword art online and I tried putting the files in ux0:/patch and overwriting the files in ux0:/app and that didn't work so I modified the param.sfo and nope. Tomorrow or I guess later today since it's almost 5am, I'll pack the modified sfo into the game vpk and see if that sticks.

Last edited by lonewolf08, Sep 11, 2016
  9. riggs

riggs GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    Lincs
    Sorted the Minecraft update issue. Turns out having rinCheat enabled messes with the patch. It's all installed and working correctly now (although it looks like PSN connectivity is gone with Henkaku; I can connect to sync trophies, but trying to browse the store or connect whilst in Minecraft results in disconnection after just a few seconds).

[edit]
    Henkaku v5/v6 doesn't allow PSN store access any more. Now, to figure out how to install v4 offline...

Last edited by riggs, Sep 12, 2016
  10. lonewolf08

lonewolf08 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    Yea I noticed rincheat was messing with one of the games but my problem was different since I found out you can't mix dumped games from vitamin with dumped updates from mai. I heard mix things about logging in with v6 some say they can't some say they can, I haven't tried and not exactly planning to.

To install v4 I heard you can install offline like regular and that there is a separate homebre that downgrades the version of it after so people are using v6 from Web browser and v4 from email.

Edit: or use this to install v4 http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=412214

Last edited by lonewolf08, Sep 13, 2016
  11. RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    I have an update for a game in vpk format - do I just install the game first and then install the update in the same way? Appreciate any help!

12. GanglyFever

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2016
    United States
    I would install the game, start it up to see if it works, close it and install update.

13. RitchieRitchie

Nov 15, 2013
    Thanks for the advice. Have you tried doing this yourself for any game?

14. GanglyFever

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, I think I updated Digimon and DoA. Don't remember, it was a few days ago.

15. RitchieRitchie

Nov 15, 2013
    Cool, will give it a go!

16. Erfg1
    OP

Erfg1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Removing rinCheat fixed the Minecraft updates for me too!

riggs likes this.