Hacking Game Updates

Erfg1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a game I dumped, but when I download and try to install an update from PSN it fails. Is there a way to use vitamin to patch the update files or a different way to install them?

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know where the game updates are downloaded to? As in which folder before they are installed?

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know where the game updates are downloaded to? As in which folder before they are installed?
In ux0:/bgdl/t as far as installing the update goes I'm still kinda confused everywhere you go it says something different. I will be experiment myself with silent hill later today.

riggs

Trophies
XP
Country
Also wondering what I'm supposed to do with updates.

I've downloaded a trial from PSN, updated it to latest version then used Vitamin 2.0 to dump both the game and update. Deleted the original download and installed the dumped version (v1.00), but how do I install the dumped update? I've got a VPK of the update but after installing it the game no longer works.

GanglyFever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also wondering what I'm supposed to do with updates.

I've downloaded a trial from PSN, updated it to latest version then used Vitamin 2.0 to dump both the game and update. Deleted the original download and installed the dumped version (v1.00), but how do I install the dumped update? I've got a VPK of the update but after installing it the game no longer works.

Did you install the update with Vitashell 0.95?

riggs

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup. Dumped with Vitamin 2.0, installed with Vitashell 0.95.

No error message/crash, just get an infinite black screen after booting the game. Original v1.00 dump works fine, but I need to update so I can get access to my PS3 cloud save.

It's Minecraft btw.

[edit]
Found a dumped version of the previous update (v1.33) in a non-VPK format (zipped files/folders). Copied this over to ux0:/app/PCSB00560 and I'm still getting a black screen, despite other users claiming this update works for them.

Also tried;
Someones v1.00 dump + my v1.35 update dump = black screen
Someones v1.00 dump + someones v1.33 dump = C2-12828-1 error (this should've worked according to the dumpers Reddit thread)

Last edited by riggs,

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. Dumped with Vitamin 2.0, installed with Vitashell 0.95.

No error message/crash, just get an infinite black screen after booting the game. Original v1.00 dump works fine, but I need to update so I can get access to my PS3 cloud save.

It's Minecraft btw.

[edit]
Found a dumped version of the previous update (v1.33) in a non-VPK format (zipped files/folders). Copied this over to ux0:/app/PCSB00560 and I'm still getting a black screen, despite other users claiming this update works for them.

Also tried;
Someones v1.00 dump + my v1.35 update dump = black screen
Someones v1.00 dump + someones v1.33 dump = C2-12828-1 error (this should've worked according to the dumpers Reddit thread)

I'm also having a ton of issues with updates. I gave up on silent hill and started with sword art online and I tried putting the files in ux0:/patch and overwriting the files in ux0:/app and that didn't work so I modified the param.sfo and nope. Tomorrow or I guess later today since it's almost 5am, I'll pack the modified sfo into the game vpk and see if that sticks.

Last edited by lonewolf08,

riggs

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorted the Minecraft update issue. Turns out having rinCheat enabled messes with the patch. It's all installed and working correctly now (although it looks like PSN connectivity is gone with Henkaku; I can connect to sync trophies, but trying to browse the store or connect whilst in Minecraft results in disconnection after just a few seconds).

[edit]
Henkaku v5/v6 doesn't allow PSN store access any more. Now, to figure out how to install v4 offline...

Last edited by riggs,

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorted the Minecraft update issue. Turns out having rinCheat enabled messes with the patch. It's all installed and working correctly now (although it looks like PSN connectivity is gone with Henkaku; I can connect to sync trophies, but trying to browse the store or connect whilst in Minecraft results in disconnection after just a few seconds).

[edit]
Henkaku v5/v6 doesn't allow PSN store access any more. Now, to figure out how to install v4 offline...

Yea I noticed rincheat was messing with one of the games but my problem was different since I found out you can't mix dumped games from vitamin with dumped updates from mai. I heard mix things about logging in with v6 some say they can't some say they can, I haven't tried and not exactly planning to.

To install v4 I heard you can install offline like regular and that there is a separate homebre that downgrades the version of it after so people are using v6 from Web browser and v4 from email.

Edit: or use this to install v4 http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=412214

Last edited by lonewolf08,

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an update for a game in vpk format - do I just install the game first and then install the update in the same way? Appreciate any help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr