War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hey guys, so I finally got banned the other day (I got greedy and tried to connect to the Cerberus Network in ME2 D:) I know it's possible to download game updates from your PC directly to the HDD, but I'm not sure how to do that. How would you connect the HDD to the PC? I found this at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Xport/dp/B000OQ9KGK But would that be the only way? Also, would it be possible to download free DLC or game demos and add them to the HDD as well?

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Couldn't you also use a connectivity kit to connect it to the PC? I know that's how some people do it anyway.
As for DLC, I wouldn't know sorry. :/ And yeah, probably will have to uncripple your drive first.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can transfer game updates using anything that can connect the hdd to the pc. That xport dock is very expensive for what it does.

Much cheaper to just grab one of the various transfer cables that dealextreme sell
http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/cat...ransfer%20cable

or something like this
http://www.diygadget.com/game-console-adap...ta-adapter.html

Then you just have to hook up the drive and use xplorer360 to transfer the updates across. If you don't want to buy anything, you can always just take the hdd out of it's case as it's just a normal 2.5" sata drive inside.

Most demos can be download elsewhere and transferred across or just burnt to a disc (although they load very slowly that way). As for DLC, can't be gotten for free on a stock box, free dlc is for jtag hacked boxes only.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Thanks for the info, Armadillo. So it doesn't matter if I'm banned, right? I think I'll try to take apart the case. If that doesn't work, I'll just order one of those DX cables.

Also, I didn't express myself correctly when I asked about free DLC. What I meant to say was if there was a way to download, literally, free DLC. For example, there's some extra characters that were released for Crackdown which are offered for free. A more recent example of this would be the DLC available from the Cerberus Network in Mass Effect 2. Those are all free, and not "free" if you know what I mean. Is there a way to get those if I've been banned?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shouldn't matter if you're banned. Far as I know the crippling of the hdd only effects installs and profiles/saves, shouldn't effect being able to use updates. As for free dlc, the answer is still no, even free stuff is signed to the console it was downloaded to. Only dlc you can get once you're banned is stuff that has been released on disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: