OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi everyone.
Just visiting the US at the moment.
Was wondering if anyone has had experience buying Preowned items from Gamestop before? I am interested in getting the 2ds cause its cheap but I don't know what firmware version it will be some it's Preowned. Is it worth the risk to buy or better to try get new? Thanks

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone.
Just visiting the US at the moment.
Was wondering if anyone has had experience buying Preowned items from Gamestop before? I am interested in getting the 2ds cause its cheap but I don't know what firmware version it will be some it's Preowned. Is it worth the risk to buy or better to try get new? Thanks

you can get a preowned one for 89.99 plus tax... if you dont like it after 7 days you can get your money back, or you can get a new one for 100. I dont know the return policy on new DS systems.

The preowned they have are black/blue or red...89.99

new they have crystal blue or crystal red. 99.99

I dont know that firmware they might be on... you can check a few... im sure youll find one thats under 9.3

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't trust GameStop. They claim their stuff is refurbished and I seriously doubt they send them in to be properly tested and cleaned.

Nintendo's Online Store sells refurbished 2DS for $75. It comes in a full color retail box with everything you'd normally get in the new box as well as the same one year warranty from Nintendo.

I just bought both a refurbished 2DS and Wii U from Nintendo and they look and work just like new. Worth the savings.

My refurbished 2DS just arrived today from Nintendo with 8.1U on it.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
you can get a preowned one for 89.99 plus tax... if you dont like it after 7 days you can get your money back, or you can get a new one for 100. I dont know the return policy on new DS systems.

The preowned they have are black/blue or red...89.99

new they have crystal blue or crystal red. 99.99

I dont know that firmware they might be on... you can check a few... im sure youll find one thats under 9.3

That's a no brainer then, for another $10 he can get a brand new one over a used (possibly dirty and scratched).

T_Tri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for the information guys.
Yes I asked about the Crystal Red and Blue but apparently they were really popular and a Black Friday special and sold out in a couple of hours.
With the Nintendo Online store did you know what firmware version you were in for or is just random?
The GameStop I talked to had one Pre-Owned Blue 2DS at $89.99 as you guys have said but again not too sure. Nintendo Online is seeming more appealing now.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't trust GameStop. They claim their stuff is refurbished and I seriously doubt they send them in to be properly tested and cleaned.

Nintendo's Online Store sells refurbished 2DS for $75. It comes in a full color retail box with everything you'd normally get in the new box as well as the same one year warranty from Nintendo.

I just bought both a refurbished 2DS and Wii U from Nintendo and they look and work just like new. Worth the savings.

My refurbished 2DS just arrived today from Nintendo with 8.1U on it.
Having gotten secondhand systems from Gamestop before, the things looked phenomenal. Even if they don't get their 3DS and 2DS systems refurbed by Nintendo, their refurb facilities are pretty damned good at what they do. All I can figure is that they get Nintendo official parts if they do feel the need to replace screens or anything like that. When my roommate got a secondhand 3DS, it came with everything he needed to play, and it looked like a new system.

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the information guys.
Yes I asked about the Crystal Red and Blue but apparently they were really popular and a Black Friday special and sold out in a couple of hours.
With the Nintendo Online store did you know what firmware version you were in for or is just random?
The GameStop I talked to had one Pre-Owned Blue 2DS at $89.99 as you guys have said but again not too sure. Nintendo Online is seeming more appealing now.

Mine arrived today with 8.1U on it. Order was placed earlier this week.

Sorry for the poor lighting. My living room is dark.

2DS.jpg

T_Tri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for the help guys. The Nintendo online refurbished ones look great but I don't know if they would ship to me in time before I leave this coming Friday unless anyone is more certain than I. The situation is then to either get the gamestop one, risk it being highest firmware then getting a skyds or if anyone has a strong argument for me waiting to return to nz to get the 3ds ll I may consider that and get the gateway too though quite expensive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom