Game Problem: TWEWY

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Leein, Nov 7, 2008.

Nov 7, 2008

Game Problem: TWEWY by Leein at 10:05 PM (1,667 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Leein
    OP

Newcomer Leein Member

United States
    Alright, I just got my Acekard (finally, black PCB), uploaded all my programs, and the only one I am currently experiencing problems with is The World Ends with You. I am currently using the 4.11 AK2 Frimware that is posted on the acekard website. I've tried this multiple times, and every time, the game always freezes in the same spot. It happens during the 2nd opening animation, when Neku is running and it shows him passing by Shiki and Beat. Once Beat shows up on the screen, it freezes and I can't do anything except turn off my DS and reboot. Any help?

2. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Yeah that is a freze-moment. Freezes also in battery saver mode on the cyclo, but that's besides the point.
    Do you have a slow MicroSD? Because that's the most cummon cause for such freezes.

3. Leein
    OP

Newcomer Leein Member

United States
    I'm using the Japan Kingston 2GB, so I thought that I would be fast enough to solve that problem of speed cards. Unless, I had gotten the wrong impression...

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    as of the 4.08 loader speed issues have been vastly improved (if not fixed). you might want to format your kit at fat 16 with 64k cluster sizes. also try the official sd formatter. i remember reading that this game requires a header hack to fix saving or something like that. it could have been to fix freezing, i don't recall. try using the search button, i know there are threads about just that game already. some things work in akaio that do not work in the official firmware. you might want to give akaio a go. you can still use the 4.11 loader in akaio just drop it into the ak2loader folder. then select which loader to use in the rom properties (highlight the rom and hit "Y").

-another world

5. Leein
    OP

Newcomer Leein Member

United States
    Alright, thanks for the help. I'm searching around online and stuff for answer to this, and it seems this is the only point where it has a freezing issue. I decided to look for a save file was past this point and I found one, but I believe the file was made off of a M3. Do save files work cross flash cards, or will it just be dead memory?

6. Another World

Colombia
    www.shinyweb.com can be used to convert any save file if need be. i remember the language hack caused some issue and people were patching back in the english language to beat the final boss or something like that. again i'm not sure i never played it.

-another world

7. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    I think you meant shunyweb.info

8. Another World

Colombia
    grr yeah =)

-another world

9. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Hmm yeah this happens on basically every cart, best thing to do is run in download play, or close your DS then wait 6 seconds open then close and repeat, or Ive heard that you can unpack the ROM and the Japanese ROM and change the cut scenes then repack them.
    Also when you have gotten over that hiccup you should save regularly because throughout the game some battles will give you 2 white screens and you need to turn your DS on and off to fight that battle.

10. Phil :: CSF

Newcomer Phil :: CSF Member

United Kingdom
    Yeah, it didn't work on mine either, both a Kingston 1GB or a Sandisk 2GB Ultra...

11. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    I had this same problem a while back...it's actually why I joined in the first place [​IMG]

But anyways, what worked me was running it off of the bliss k10 loader on a non sdhc card, saving after that spot, and then copying the save over to my sdhc card. No problems after that with normal loader.

12. evilhomura89

Member evilhomura89 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    well, does undubbing creates prob for this game??
    how to solve it?

13. Taza

Member Taza GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    This is fixed by opening and closing your DS every 1 second while the cutscene is in progress.

If you don't do it rapidly enough, it always crashes when Neku and Beat appear at the same time.