game NEVER installs in USB loader gx

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by kbf, Sep 10, 2018.

1. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    I have never had this issue before but everytime I try to install a game it always stops the install randomly when ripping my game, it stopped at 34% this time but it's stopped randomly othertimes before.

I have an HDD installed with an allocated wii section as I was told using my flash drive was the issue but it doesn't seem to work also I can't even press cancel to get out or even use the HOME function.

Tried setting the partition to fat32, still freezes, tried turning multiple partitions on and it won't even recognize the disc.

Why is this thing such a piece of shit now? it used to install my games just fine in the past...is they're an easy way to just rip my game onto a PC and then make it into WBFS format? I know you can take iso's/cios and convert them. Getting really tired of this crap tbh.

EDIT: screw it, just used cleanrip and then converted my game to WBFS with iso to WBFS. Much easier so I guess this information could help someone if they find it.

Last edited by kbf, Sep 10, 2018
  2. MaeseJesus

MaeseJesus GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2013
    Yeah, I was going to mention CleanRip. It's the best way, simply because it works.
    It's reliable, and you can have different options on how you want your game ripped. Then I took the backup it made and insert it in the usb device I use to load games through Wii Backup Manager.

USB Loader GX failed most of the time for me too, I think the only game it ripped without freezing was Resident Evil 4, or maybe it was Rune Factory Frontier. Everything else stopped whenever it felt like it. CleanRip has never failed me, not even with double-layered dvds.