Game named wrong in Multiman.

DS92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
as title says Game named wrong in Multiman, some how Silent Hill Hd Collection got renamed to F.E.A.R., is there a way to rename it correctly.

and yes i booted the game and its Silent Hill Hd Collection.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have this problem with updates, you need to do the update's param.sfo. c00 files can be difficult, because there's two. the second one is the one you want (should be in the c00 folder, hence the name). I managed to rename multiple games this way. you may have to test different languages in the title selection, because some may be a specific version of English like US or UK. I don't know if there's a way to know exactly which one is that way, but the only games I saw like that, of my own collection, were Final Fantasy XIII and Sonic 4 iirc.

DS92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
if you have this problem with updates, you need to do the update's param.sfo. c00 files can be difficult, because there's two. the second one is the one you want (should be in the c00 folder, hence the name). I managed to rename multiple games this way. you may have to test different languages in the title selection, because some may be a specific version of English like US or UK. I don't know if there's a way to know exactly which one is that way, but the only games I saw like that, of my own collection, were Final Fantasy XIII and Sonic 4 iirc.
thanks! again.
Post automatically merged:

the only other problem i have is MMCM doesnt sometimes launch on my upgraded Hard Drive and the PS3 just going to a black screen, it doesnt do that on my Older HDD, on my older HDD it always launchs.

Last edited by DS92,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks! again.
Post automatically merged:

the only other problem i have is MMCM doesnt sometimes launch on my upgraded Hard Drive and the PS3 just going to a black screen, it doesnt do that on my Older HDD, on my older HDD it always launchs.
I use webman mod. btw, instead of reinstalling the game, you can either change the param.sfo, then launch the game, so that the new name is recorded or you can create a fake pkg with just the param.sfo of the name changed. the latter is what I did. a pkg only needs a param.sfo, even if it warns you that it's not customary. it will create a ps3logo.dat, but I think all this file does is act like a watermark, since it's an image that I think says PLAYSTATION 3.

Reactions: DS92

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?