Hacking Game Nag Update

redgem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Long story short I was having issues updating my switch to latest firmware. So I wipe the SDcard and started again. New firmware 12.1.0 and atmosphere v0.19.5 working great.

Though now when I attempt to play games (most of the ones I have tried) I get this download update nag screen beforehand. I choose not to download and it closes then I have to reopen tell it not to do updates then start game. I have read you can use tinfoil to cancel the nag option though I can’t find that option within tinfoil.
Hoping I can to disable with tinfoil or a another way. Though if I can’t do that. Do I need to go and find download each .nsp update manually or is there a app that will do it for me?

redgem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the reply and the link after reading through that link. I have since tried the following (below) without success. I have deleted my WiFi settings completed so it can't connect to the internet at all.

goldleaf : using version 0.90
- go to "manage content" (or something, i dont have it in english something),
- choose where the game is installed (sd card or nand user),
- select the game, then select "base title"
- select the option to reset the launch version (its the last one just before "cancel"; be carefull to not touch anything else, especially DONT TOUCH delete ticket)

tinfoil : using version 12.10
- go into the installed game
- hoover the game you want and click X for "uninstall" (dont worry it wont uninstal at this point)
- select the BASE (the first one of the list) and click Y to reset version

Last edited by redgem,

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey guys.

Have setup fesh 13.1.0 + ams 1.2.4 + newest hekate.
My games are launching but i ahve to press "Start Software" on the nag screen on every game.
Tried DBI, tinfoil, goldleaf ... to reset the requred version, but sadly the nag -> nag's.

Any chance to remove the nag without updating every game?

thx

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.

Have setup fesh 13.1.0 + ams 1.2.4 + newest hekate.
My games are launching but i ahve to press "Start Software" on the nag screen on every game.
Tried DBI, tinfoil, goldleaf ... to reset the requred version, but sadly the nag -> nag's.

Any chance to remove the nag without updating every game?

thx
Do you have Wi-Fi enabled on your console?

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Do you have Wi-Fi enabled on your console?
no, but the previous owner had and updated it to 13.1.0 before i got my hands on.
From this sysnand i have cloned it to emummc.

Do you mean that this DB got updated in sysnand and copied over to emunand?
If yes, how can i get rid of it?

Maybe an factory reset in emummc does the job?

PS.: i have 90DNS running on atmosphere, and DNS checker says, all ninty servers as blocked.

thanks a lot

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Tried the following, without luck:

- Flashed 13.1.0 with daybreak and factory reset ticked in emummc -> switch stuck @ reboot
- Reseted working emummc with maintaince mode, copy the ..0045 save to the other emummc -> nag is still present

This solved it for me:
- Reseted working emummc with maintaince mode
- Set this up without going online
- > NAG is gone but i had to reinstall everything!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo