Game installation problems with WiiFlow

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Terinox, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Terinox
    OP

Terinox Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2013
    United States
    I have installed Homebrew using the Smashbox technique using the Smash Bros Brawl game and the 2GB SD card, etc. and everything went smoothly.

I then followed the guide on this forum by TRUTH to install the cIOS and backups and WiiFlow...

http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/

So by following his instructions, and then following some youtube video instructions regarding WBFS Manager, I transfered an ISO file (Donkey Kong Country Returns) onto a 8GB USB stick, and then I installed it using WiiFlow. Once all this was done, the game loaded up and worked with no problems, and still does continue to work...

HOWEVER, ever since that game, any other game I've tried to install in WiiFlow ends up crashing, giving me an error that says something like "disc_wait failed" and then exits back to the previous menu. I have tried with multiple games and nothing works.

The ONLY thing I know for sure that I'm doing differently is that the Donkey Kong game I downloaded was NTSC and the others were PAL, I don't think I tested it with another NTSC. So I'm wondering is that the problem? Or is there something else wrong that I'm missing?

Is it not possible to install PAL versions of games? And can't I load more than one game onto the USB using WBFS Manager? Which I did try.

If someone could help me out that would be great as I can only play that one game right now, LOL :(

EDIT: Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm doing all this on a 32GB Wii U, version 4.0.2 (i think)

2. Terinox
    OP

Terinox Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2013
    United States
    Okay... So sadly no one could help me? I guess either people don't know or they don't care :P ... LOL

Anyways, I managed to fix the problem myself with some more experimentation. I will post some things now that may help others...

1. I did everything that I mentioned above with the guide by TRUTH, everything worked great. The problem seemed to be with WiiFlow. Maybe I didn't know how to use it properly, or what, but after downloading CFG USB Loader it worked PERFECTLY! I used WBFS Manager, I uploaded my games, in ISO format and WBFS format, both NTSC and PAL version of games, and they all worked no problems at all. I like CFG much better than WiiFlow.

2. I can NOT get 64GB USB to work at all with my Wii U. I know already that you can only format to FAT32, and Windows won't let you do that to anything over 32GB. HOWEVER, there are ways around this, using DOS/COMMAND PROMPT, or various programs like the one from HP, or FAT32FORMATER. I tried ALL THESE METHODS, and nothing at all worked for my Lexar 64GB USB stick. So I gave up. Warning to others who may try this, it is difficult (or I'm doing something wrong). I'm just going to stick with my 16GB USB until I get a new 32GB and I'll just use that for loading games I guess :( (Windows will format 32GB to FAT32).

3. Also, microSD did NOT work. I have a 32GB microSD which I tried, and it did not run any Homebrew apps or the channel itself. It loaded and was blank. The following REGULAR SD cards all worked. SanDisk 2GB SD card (class 4), 16GB Lexar SDHC card (class 4) and a new 32GB Lexar SDHC card (class 6) which I just bought today. I also read various people saying 64GB SD cards do not work either?! Not sure.

4. The Wii Classic Controller (the one you attach to the Wii remote) works for some games and not others in the emulators... N64 Golden Eye for example it would not work, except 2-3 buttons, even though the app Wii64 says it's supported. Some games did, some did not, hit and miss. Not sure what end the problem is for this, but no big deal. Still pretty sick when you have 100's of games to choose from :D

Thanks anyways... Hope my post at least helps someone else...

3. ultrad00m

ultrad00m Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    localhost
    Just an FYI, you want to be careful when installing cIOS, as it is a fairly risky thing to do if I'm not mistaken, and even more so on VWii.