Gaming Game Dump Question (Not asking for games)

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so i'm very forgetful and I almost forgot to look for a rom I wanted.... And that's not very good for me since I want that game the minute it gets dumped... It's like I need an alert system for rom dumps.

Is there a such thing as a ROM dump alert system and if there is how would I get in on that?

I am not asking for a game, or when a game will be dumped, it's just that for the games I want ROM dumps are so random and sparsely done, so I'm needing some sort of alert system for ROM dumps.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
Okay, so i'm very forgetful and I almost forgot to look for a rom I wanted.... And that's not very good for me since I want that game the minute it gets dumped... It's like I need an alert system for rom dumps.

Is there a such thing as a ROM dump alert system and if there is how would I get in on that?

I am not asking for a game, or when a game will be dumped, it's just that for the games I want ROM dumps are so random and sparsely done, so I'm needing some sort of alert system for ROM dumps.
find a rss reader you like and subscribe to gbatemp.net's rss feed. it'll tell you all games that have been 'released'. whether it has been dumped at your rom source or not is a different story.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
kennypu said:
Inunah said:

find a rss reader you like and subscribe to gbatemp.net's rss feed. it'll tell you all games that have been 'released'. whether it has been dumped at your rom source or not is a different story.
I don't like RSS at all... And I just want to know when the game i'm looking for is dumped, the minute it's dumped, and it's a pain to search through RSS since I can't seem to use ctrl + f to find stuff.. Some sort of email thingy would be nice on ANY rom downloading site, but NOOOO they just don't do that.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Meh. "I want something which can do exactly what an RSS feed does except that I hate RSS so it can't be RSS."

Don't be a moron about it. Any decent RSS reader will have a keyword functionality. Set it to discard any messages which don't have the keywords you want, and you'll only receive updates when a game which hits your keywords is dumped.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
Meh. "I want something which can do exactly what an RSS feed does except that I hate RSS so it can't be RSS."

Don't be a moron about it. Any decent RSS reader will have a keyword functionality. Set it to discard any messages which don't have the keywords you want, and you'll only receive updates when a game which hits your keywords is dumped.
Huh. Odd. The last RSS reader I had didn't allow searches or message discarding by keyword.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:

This. Thank you x].

InunahHuh. Odd. The last RSS reader I had didn't allow searches or message discarding by keyword.
Try Google Reader. It's free, its a RSS reader, it has the features you want, and its google. x]

EDIT:
I don't know what client you were using, but I just noticed even Firefox's native live bookmark thing can search key words -.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat