game compatibility on v0.4r656

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by r4izuk0, Sep 11, 2019 at 4:51 PM.

1. r4izuk0
    OP

r4izuk0 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    i just downloaded the latest firmware revision of swiss and used the exact compatible memory cards to get everything started. i try running games based off the game compatibility list and some worked, while others always give me this right when the game loads: "An error has occurred. Turn the Power Off and check the Nintendo GameCube Instruction Booklet for further instructions fix".

here is a small list of games i tested:

wario world - works perfectly
    mario kart double dash - works

rampage - crashes on first fmv

metroid prime - works great but i get the error when i quit the game thru menu

simpsons hit n run - error message immediately after trying to load

crazy taxi - crashes on sega logo

capcom vs snk - works great

they are all USA format. the game compatibility list says all these work fine. does going to an older version of swiss help? it’s strange.

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Simply put, not all games are compatible with the (significantly higher performance) "alternate read patches" - they are now a per-game option and enabled by default to encourage its testing, so just turn it off on the problematic ones and see if they improve :)

(and if they do and you have a github account, maybe post a polite bug report about it!)

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. r4izuk0
    OP

r4izuk0 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    how do i turn it the patches off while on the game list screen(before loading a game)?

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    You first select the game to get the black popup with the enlarged icon, then press X as it says at the bottom :)

alexander1970 likes this.