Hacking game cart problems

renegade2k82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so my sysnand is 1.0 and i updated the emunand to 12.0 also using latest astomophere and hekate for the firmware.well for some odd reason my switch refuses to read carts.everytime i insert one i get that error that it cant be read.can someone help please.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so my sysnand is 1.0 and i updated the emunand to 12.0 also using latest astomophere and hekate for the firmware.well for some odd reason my switch refuses to read carts.everytime i insert one i get that error that it cant be read.can someone help please.
You need to allow the cartridge slot to be updated by editing BCT.ini. By doing this, however, cartridges will not work on the 1.0.0 sysMMC.

renegade2k82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok what do i change and change it to in the BCT.ini?Also if i want to use carts on the sysnand 1.0 i can just use the original values right?one last thing does the BCT.ini go in the config folder or somewhere else?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Ok what do i change and change it to in the BCT.ini?Also if i want to use carts on the sysnand 1.0 i can just use the original values right?one last thing does the BCT.ini go in the config folder or somewhere else?
You can find BCT.INI in atmosphere\config_templates on your SD Card. Copy it to atmosphere\config and add nocg = 0
Note if you do that the firmware of the gamecard slot will be updated to match firmware v12. As Lacuis mention then it will not work in SysMMC because it is too old. Reverting the nogc will NOT fix this because the gamecard slot formware can't be downgraded again. The only way to fix that is to upgrade SysMMC to v12

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot use cartridges on your sysMMC and emuMMC if the firmware versions are that far apart. You have to pick between one or the other. However if you have already booted the console on a firmware above 4.0 without nogc active, then the cartridge slot firmware has already been updated rendering it impossible to use cartridges on your 1.0 sysMMC. Also, its not necessarily BCT.ini you have to modify if you are using Hekate to launch Atmosphere instead of fusee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)