Game Cart Not Reading After Update-Please Help

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I updated my switch firmware to 13.0.0 and the latest Atmosphere, I then updated sigpatches via AIO Updater (after downloading the latest version of that also)now I cannot read my game cart.
However, none of my game carts are now booting up, instead I get the message:

"The game could not be read. Please remove and reinsert. If this message reappears repeatedly , it may mean the game card or console are malfunctioning"

I know I had to edit the Atmosphere Config BCT file before, but the bit that needed editing is already NOGC=0 , which is what I edited it to before.

Could someone help me please? I dont know what I am doing wrong

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded my firmware on the computer, added the file to the SD card and then updated via Daybreak. Atmosphere I updated with AIO updater along with the sigpatches

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated my switch firmware to 13.0.0 and the latest Atmosphere, I then updated sigpatches via AIO Updater (after downloading the latest version of that also)now I cannot read my game cart.

"The game could not be read. Please remove and reinsert. If this message reappears repeatedly , it may mean the game card or console are malfunctioning"

I know I had to edit the Atmosphere Config BCT file before, but the bit that needed editing is already NOGC=0 , which is what I edited it to before.

How do you boot into Atmosphere?

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France

BCT.ini is dead since AMS 1.0.0 (changelog : Please Note: BCT.ini no longer exists, nogc configuration has been moved to /atmosphere/config/stratosphere.ini.). So you have to copy stratosphere.ini from atmosphere\config_templates\ to atmosphere\config\ then edit the file and put :

And if you're using Hekate to boot AMS, you also need to edit bootloader\hekate_ipl.ini and change the 7th line (autonogc) like this :

autonogc=0

hankarlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Badablek said

"So you have to copy stratosphere.ini from atmosphere\config_templates\ to atmosphere\config\ "

the highligted text above is crucial to getting this to work!

Thanks so much for this vital tip. This has been wreacking my head the last few hours. Absolute brain melter.

Cheers man! really appreciate it.

Last edited by hankarlo,
Reactions: Badablek

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8