Gaming Game Cards for Game Streaming?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should make games that don't require "Godlike reactions" to play, that way maybe input lag isn't as big a deal maybe? :unsure:

Like for example, the first final fantasy on NES has overworld and dungeons and stuff (maybe a problem) but the battles are turn based, so you don't need super precise inputs unlike Final Fantasy IV where the fight has ATB and need constant attention, then again if you are playing those kinds of games, is probably more suited for mobile devices with simple controls or even more automated situations. Hard to say really. I never really had tried game streaming before.

I did at one time when the Nvidia game stream service for Nvidia shield was in beta, tried playing a few games, not good to play street fighter on since is hard to do some OP combos, but that steam version of Bionic commando, and even strider is playable, I managed to beat it with minimum problems. Unless they are trying to perfect game streaming, and keep it low cost, I think it will appeal to a handful of people, but still I prefer the games to be in my posession, not stored somewhere I can't feel responsible for.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is nothing new. MMOs work this way, certain streaming platforms work this way, hell, if I'm not mistaken, even the physical games you have in your possession are technically property of Nintendo, you're just paying for the right to play the game.

The code for the game is theirs, but your ownership of the physical medium gives you the right to execute their code whenever, for as long as the physical bits last. They cannot block you from playing it, nor can they require you to return it. In this way, physical medium has more rights for the users than digital. It's why sony/microsoft keep pushing for a digital only environment, so they can have complete control of distribution and your ability to play. This is also why having required updates are so frustrating and barely legal.

Last edited by osaka35,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The code for the game is theirs, but your ownership of the physical medium gives you the right to execute their code whenever, for as long as the physical bits last. They cannot block you from playing it, nor can they require you to return it. In this way, physical medium has more rights for the users than digital. It's why sony/microsoft keep pushing for a digital only environment, so they can have complete control of distribution and your ability to play. This is also why having required updates are so frustrating and barely legal.
what good would that do you? without servers your phisical media is worthless lol, that is why online only games i never buy them becuase we all know in less than 5 years that mmo is probably forgoten and servers closed and now you have a useless disc/cartrige.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what good would that do you? without servers your phisical media is worthless lol, that is why online only games i never buy them becuase we all know in less than 5 years that mmo is probably forgoten and servers closed and now you have a useless disc/cartrige.
aye, agreed. I tend to avoid online games for that reason. but if you're going for them, PC versions will be best. Usually easier to find custom servers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up