Gambare Goemon DS English translation

Pokemonfan6498

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have idea for new translation and it's translation of 2005 konami title Ganbare Goemon: Tōkai Dōchū Ōedo Tengu ri Kaeshi no Maki because it's very last game in existence

Reactions: PandaPandel

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heh. For some reason I thought there was a 3ds effort as well. Technically there were some more recent pachinko machines.

Anyway I don't know if idea is the right term -- any game that is not translated is fairly obviously a candidate for it (yes I have seen people try to translate language tutor games) and plenty of people have asked for this in the past. Don't know if anybody has yet taken a look at it from a hacker perspective. It is an early game though so it might well be a fair bit of custom work.

As ever though a translation is going to take many hundreds of hours. You will have to sell us on the game itself or the game if a hacker makes a few tweaks to it to make it a good one.
In the English speaking world then the only Goemon game most will have played will have been Mystical Ninja starring Goemon on the N64, possibly its sequel and maybe the SNES effort as well but most will only know n64 Mystical Ninja. You might then have to reference that and if this game is anything like it.

Relevant at this point

Pokemonfan6498

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Heh. For some reason I thought there was a 3ds effort as well. Technically there were some more recent pachinko machines.

Anyway I don't know if idea is the right term -- any game that is not translated is fairly obviously a candidate for it (yes I have seen people try to translate language tutor games) and plenty of people have asked for this in the past. Don't know if anybody has yet taken a look at it from a hacker perspective. It is an early game though so it might well be a fair bit of custom work.

As ever though a translation is going to take many hundreds of hours. You will have to sell us on the game itself or the game if a hacker makes a few tweaks to it to make it a good one.
In the English speaking world then the only Goemon game most will have played will have been Mystical Ninja starring Goemon on the N64, possibly its sequel and maybe the SNES effort as well but most will only know n64 Mystical Ninja. You might then have to reference that and if this game is anything like it.

Relevant at this point

Ok i know because it uses many handdrawn graphics like for text

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ