wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
acekardlogo.gif
Galaxy Eagle i
An Acekard 2i Clone?
geibox2010.jpg

It has been confirmed by sources close to the AKAIO developers that the Galaxy Eagle i is an Acekard 2i clone. While the GEi developers would have you believe otherwise, the firmware has been examined and the following facts emerged. The GEi is running a combination firmware solution which incorporates an R4-like firmware (based on the official AK2i firmware which Acekard modified to look like the R4 for their official OEM R4Ultra) and the decrypted/hacked AKAIO 1.6 courtesy of Rudolph (GBA ExpLoader developer). Apparently the Flash Kit is using both firmwares to keep a current ROM compatibility, however this may be incorrect as the firmware was only briefly examined.

If you purchase the Galaxy Eagle i you are supporting clones, clones hurt the original hardware by offering a cheaper version to the public that, more-often-than-not, goes unsupported.

AKAIO 1.7 was more securely encrypted, and the AKAIO 1.7+ loaders can not be used for AKAIO 1.6. Meaning that the GEi firmware will only be updated as an unofficial R4Ultra firmware.

Special thanks to my sources for the information. Thanks Merc, you cheeky little man!​

icon11.gif
 GEi Review @ DCEMU.co.uk (NOV 2009)

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
If you purchase the Galaxy Eagle i you are supporting clones, clones hurt the original hardware by offering a cheaper version to the public that, more-often-than-not, goes unsupported.

But isn't this a clone of a clone? Are Acekard hurting themselves by producing the R4i/R4Ultra = which is a clone? I don't think any of these companies have particularly high morals about this kind of thing, I mean they are all producing devices that enable people to use pirated software.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another World said:
i just received confirmation that the r4-like firmware is actually the software from the r4ultra which was coded by team acekard. i've adjusted the 1st post.

-another world
So team acekard make clones themself? Intresting.
Anyway, firegrey, there are, aaaaaall those flashcarts, when they all had full support, I coulnd't even choose. Nowadays it's an easy choice, acekard2i if you want it cheap, or DSTWO if you want GBA emulation...

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
squirrelman10 said:
its sad to see people try to make a quick buck by stealing others hardwork and trying to sell it under a new name, boo
Hello? Welcome to piracy. Flashcarts in general might as well be called "Give-Me-Free-Game-Cards". I don't care what intention a flashcart company tells you they have. Bottom line is that they know 99% of their customers WILL pirate Nintendo DS games.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recall hearing about this flashcart a few weeks, maybe months ago.
It is possibly the most no-name flashcart out there, even beneath the waves of R4 fakes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: +1