Gaikai Question

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by Thirty3Three, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Thirty3Three
    OP

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    I wonder how the ps3-game streaming will work... I mean, let's say you've already bought it on the psn during the ps3 era (Digital version)... would you have to rebuy it for Gaikai to play it again? This is still unclear :/

... Or is it like "Okay I have plus, so I can play any ps3 game " - like netflix? And if it is like Netflix, would you pay for PS+ AND another subscription? :/ I'm not paying twice for that feature.

Thanks!

2. fojacko

fojacko GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    Nobody's certain, but i think it's gonna be like OnLive. You can buy games individually, or you can get a subscription and get alot of games (but not all of them).

3. Walkin

Walkin travel

Mar 14, 2008
    United States
    My money is having to re-buy.

4. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Personal opinion is that the content bought previously will be available via Gaikai. So far Sony's announcements have had a certain tone and, if suddenly PSN content bought previously on the PS3 would be unaccessible, they'd lose quite a bit of positive PR and reviews.

5. macmanhigh

macmanhigh THC = Truly High Caliber

Banned
    Mar 29, 2012
    United States
    BuddsVille,CA
    Be ready to Buy ur old games again like 5x more $ony loves it just another excuse for us to shell out more Money.....Seriously cant recall the countless times i've ended up buying a game multiple times

I got Tactics Ogre 4x times MGS Peace Walker 5x times its ridicules...........

6. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London

I think that says more about you than anything.

xwatchmanx and Gahars like this.
  7. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    you most likely will also need to have PSN+ to use it, when it comes out

but most ps4 user will have PSN+ anyway (as it is needed for online mulitplayer)

8. macmanhigh

Banned
    Mar 29, 2012
    United States
    BuddsVille,CA

No that says everything bout stupid $ony.....If i bought a Game and wanted to transfer...guess what i gotta buy that game again as digital or another physical.....oohhh i got a Vita wonder if i can transfer my Games to it....Noooo i gotta rebuy the damn thing.....

9. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London

Yeah, that says more about you cuz y'know you don't have to rebuy anything.

xwatchmanx likes this.
  10. macmanhigh

Banned
    Mar 29, 2012
    United States
    BuddsVille,CA
    Ur not getting my point Budd....i know i don't HAVE TO but if i wanna actually PLAY THE GAMES ON MY SYSTEMS i DO.....They keep re-Releasing same old Ports of old titles

11. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    How the hell did Sony get you to buy MGS Peace Walker 5 times?
    After the second time you'd think "Okay, I'm not doing that again"...

12. macmanhigh

Banned
    Mar 29, 2012
    United States
    BuddsVille,CA

Well biggest reason is i like playing games :gba: Between PSP/PSP Go/PS Vita/PS3 i've wasted so much money it isnt even funny.....not to me at least.....Again tho the biggest problem is them releasing ports upon ports of Games i already have but still wanna play on newer systems making me cave in......

Example - GOW 1&2 HD collection i bought both on PSP....then had to digital buy for PSP Go.....then bought on collection for PS3....now i gotta BUY AGAIN ON VITA!!@#$!!$#!$!$!

13. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

Uh if you mean Chains of Olympus/Ghost of Sparta then your digital PSP Go purchase transfers to the Vita.

GOW 1&2 HD were only on the PS3 anyway.

xwatchmanx likes this.
  14. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey

"A fool and his money are soon parted. And seriously, dude, learn a little restraint. Do you really need to play the same games across so many platforms? Don't blame Sony for your terrible spending habits." - Benjamin Franklin

hhs and xwatchmanx like this.
  15. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London

Nothing he can about it when the mafia Sony are extorting money out of him. He has no choice but to rebuy his gaems otherwise Andrew House and Shu Yoshida will rape and pilllage his family.

xwatchmanx, GameWinner and Gahars like this.
  16. Wintrale

Wintrale GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 19, 2009
    Kent, England
    As far as I can tell, there's no actual reason for Sony to make you buy your games again if you want to stream them over Gaikai - if they're already on your PSN account, they should be automatically available. Obviously you're going to have to buy games you don't already own digitally and I would expect a subscription fee since those servers aren't going to pay for themselves. Thanks to Playstation Plus, I have a crazy amount of PS3 games that I'm more than excited to stream to my Vita.

17. macmanhigh

Banned
    Mar 29, 2012
    United States
    BuddsVille,CA

Yeah u guys are right I'm an Idiot for trying to support $ ony and their stupid products.....Guess its a Nintendo Life for me Fuck $ ony

18. AaronZ

AaronZ GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2012
    If I have to rebuy a game forget it.

19. macmanhigh

Banned
    Mar 29, 2012
    United States
    BuddsVille,CA

Good Luck with that i seriously doubt $ony is gonna let u "Transfer" ur PS3 titles for Gaikai Streaming LOL.....Greed is the Name of the Game

20. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey

Because it's not like Nintendo remakes its games or has the Virtual Console or anyt- oh, wait, that's exactly what they do.

But no, you're right. Companies should regulate our spending habits for us. It's too much to expect that we can make informed decisions. God help us if we have to use a little self-control every now and again, right?

xwatchmanx likes this.