shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi All,

I have both on my ps3.
When i install a game using open manager i can not see it using Gaia.
How can i make it so i can see the game it both managers?

Cheers Shane

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You have to use the "Backup Manager" (original one) saving folder, which is dev_hdd0/games/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/

when launching for the first time Open Manager or Gaia, and if they detect that you have LAUN12345 folder, then they ask you if you want to use it. Say yes.
Now all games will be dumped in the same folder.

BUT Attention, if you delete Backup Manager (GameID LAUN12345), then the console will also delete ALL sub-folders of LAUN12345 and your games will be deleted.

There is also a way to change the currently used game folder in the loader without reinstalling it (if I remember, it's a combination of buttons, like star+select, or select+L2, etc.)
But Gaia Manager use the best folder (on my own opinion), because it's not a subfolder of the manager.
Open Manager is storing games in dev_hdd0/games/OMAN46756/GAMEZ/ if you delete open manager, you will also lose all your games !
Gaia is storing games in dev_hdd0/GAMEZ/ or dev_hdd0/BDRIP/, if you delete Gaia (dev_hdd0/games/GAIAxxxx/), you will never lose your games because they are not part of the manager sub-folders.

Another possibility is to use MultiMAN (ex AVCHD manager). This manager allow you to place your games wherever you want on your internal HDD, and mount that folder as the one to list games.

And finally, you can always move your games from one manager folder to another manager folder using Comgenie's Awesome File Manager homebrew. moving folder is done in 1sec.

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks heaps Cyan you are a legend.
I will have to put my head around this when i get my next day off.
So if i delete open manager it will also delete OMAN46756 (im sure thats the folder)?

Cheers Mate

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks for the correct name
tongue.gif

Yes, if you delete Open Manager, it will delete OMAN46756 and all the sub-folders (all the installed games shown in Open Manager menu).
If you ever decide to delete Open Manager, use Comgenie's Awesome File Manager to move the BLxSxxxx folders to the hdd0/GAMEZ/ folder before deleting the manager, so you won't have to redump your games. (use Hermes payload, or PL3 Nounauth to run the file manager with the correct user rights. then maybe you would need to fix the user rights with the PL3fix homebrew if the moved games aren't launching correctly)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-