G6DS Real in-hand at GBAtemp!

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Formatted the G6 real using FAT32 and works like a charm.
You can also format the G6 directly from the DS by holding the start button while booting! woot.

Wow.

Raw impressions
- excellent build quality
- the usb reader didn't work and almost crashed my PC at first.. then I used a different USB socket and it worked fine
wtf.gif

- seems pretty slow to write data (just an impression, havent performed any real test)
- there's a short load time when you start the OS
- when you don't have the system folder installed on the G6 (when the disk is empty) there's a mini-loader, a sort of light version of the OS! very useful if you just formatted your G6 and don't have access to the wwweb

QUOTE said:
Could you guys please check it out with the "Clean ROM no-patch Tester"(http://nds.truedream.org/ROMTester_1_2.nds) to see if the ROMs can really access the card using their own native access routines ?
So this is really a R4 with builtin memory and supposedly real clean rom support?
Does anyone know how this is possible? I dont see how the encryption was cracked. i think darkfader didnt manage to do it? tongue.gif
I just tried it and it says:

Initial flags: 20486000
Game header is patched!
Header CRC: 912D
ARM9 CRC: 994F
Clean ROM no-patch play: NO
Test data: F1480000 070000C4

but I haven't tweaked any of the options, so maybe there's a real no-patching option that I haven't enabled

I've tried the rom tester again with different options and it says something different now.
Initial flags: 20486000
ARM9 CRC: 362E
Clean ROM no-patch play: NO
Test data: 65747365 65762072

The header isn't patched anymore but still a big "NO" for the "clean rom no-patch play".
It's not definitive tho, I might have missed a few things.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
NSMB download play works, Yoshi Touch & Go doesn't seem to work though.
Lame.
frown.gif
They probably only found the DS-X way of fixing download play compatibility which is not 100%, so they shouldn't claim so.
dry.gif

Yoshi Touch & Go, Nanostray, Snowboard Kids, Big Brain Academy, Winning Eleven and Diddy Kong Racing are in the list of not working download play titles for ds-x, can you test if this applies for G6 as well?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yoshi Touch & Go, Nanostray, Snowboard Kids, Big Brain Academy, Winning Eleven and Diddy Kong Racing are in the list of not working download play titles for ds-x, can you test if this applies for G6 as well?
Testing now.
smile.gif

Keep questions coming people!

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you sort the games in the menu, e.g alphabetical/numerical?
Yes either alphabetically or by size.

Initial download play tests (MAY BE INACCURATE BECAUSE I can't find a way to disable cheat mode - if it even is enabled (our loader may be beta))

Winning Eleven = Yes
Snowboard kids = Yes
Nanostray = Nope
Big Brain = Nope
Diddy Kong Racing = Nope

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I do play with friends a lot and am also looking forward to seeing a slot1 with 100% download play compatibility.
I think we're doing something wrong here because the features list clearly stated that download play compatibility would be 100%.

Nomearod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can you sort the games in the menu, e.g alphabetical/numerical?

Yes either alphabetically or by size.

Initial download play tests (MAY BE INACCURATE BECAUSE I can't find a way to disable cheat mode - if it even is enabled (our loader may be beta))

Winning Eleven = Yes
Snowboard kids = Yes
Nanostray = Nope
Big Brain = Nope
Diddy Kong Racing = Nope

In tha manual (posted on another topic), is says that:
"Download Play:
==============
G6DS should perfectly support all Download Play Game (Included Single-Card/Multi-Card). However, please make sure that the "Cheat Code function" and "Reset" function is suspended.
"

So, try to find out how to disable cheat and reset to se if this is really true
bow.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
It's easy to disable the soft reset, but there doesn't seem to be any option to disable cheat codes.
However I doubt cheat codes apply when you dont have any cheat file on the G6 and when you run homebrew (like I did for the clean/nopatch tester earlier)

Nomearod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's easy to disable the soft reset, but there doesn't seem to be any option to disable cheat codes.
However I doubt cheat codes apply when you dont have any cheat file on the G6 and when you run homebrew (like I did for the clean/nopatch tester earlier)

Could you try Download to play with soft reset disable?
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT