Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

G6/M3 Team News

Various bits of information

I contacted Danny of the G6/M3 Team, whom is their spokesperson to better inform our newer members, this morning about a few things going on over at the team's place. During our conversation, there were a few points of interest that I felt was worth sharing:

· The G6 Lite 8GBit is expected to be available sometime next month. That's twice as big as the initial G6 Lite, or 1 Gigabyte for our ratio-confused members. Please note that "available" means they're done maunfacturing the first batch. Retailers may need some time to gather stock and mail out to buyers. The G6 Lite Pro will follow sometime later (2007) and will also be sized at 8GBit.

· Some of you may have noticed that there is an M3 Lite GBA Casing for sale over at GamerSection thanks in part to one of our forum discussions. Danny assures me that this is an official product. So, if you're taking advantage of any of the recent Game Boy Micro sales and only have the M3 Lite, then this is a good alternative.

· Danny states that the long overdue English PDA Software for G6 & M3 has not been forgotten. They are still working on it and offered no approximate date for it as of right now.

· The yet-unnamed Slot-1 flash card is still in development. No details were revealed as to functionality, date of availability or retail cost.

· A review of the M3 Lite Pro will be coming soon here at GBAtemp by yours truly.

mikehammerX9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Danny states that the long overdue English PDA Software for G6 & M3 has not been forgotten.  They are still working on it and offered no approximate date for it as of right now.

Still working on it?
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They've been more focused on ROM compatibility and developing the new M3 Lite Pro, G6 Lite 8GBit and Pro 8GBit along with the Slot-1 card. Personally, I'd rather they keep up with these versus putting the PDA software as a priority, though I could use PDA functionality right now.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Since DSOrganise doesn't work on the G6 I do want PDA DS. Also on that note, the fatlib they released still doesn't seem to satify developers, perhaps they should re-look into that. I'm missing out on some great homebrew.

But on the top of the list for me would be compatibility with Tony Hawk Downhill Jam...

Other than those two things I think the G6 Team is doing a great job, I hope they keep it up!

Houou

Trophies
XP
Country
The news in a nutshell:

"We started working on some new products now that DS-X is getting so much praise, so you guys with your firmware updates are going to take the back seat for now."

paxl13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As I've seen of Phantom Hourglass, I'll buy it straight away, not event thinking to get it to works on my new G6 Lite...

paxl13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel