Hacking G6 Lite Save functions

luisnavas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys ive tried looking all over for an answer to this question but i haven't quite gotten what i needed so i was hoping that you guys might be able to help me out. When i save files on my g6 lite with either gba or nds games it works great but i can't seem to get the save file to transfer over to the computer and then transfer it back. ive tried to save the save files .0 , .1 .2 to the pc and then delete the rom and install it again and transfer the save files to the card but it doesn't work at all. also the real time save doesn't work either, when i put up the screen to save it just kicks me out of the screen and puts me back in the game... have any of u experienced this problem??? im not sure if maybe my g6 is messed up and i have to send it back??? if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it thank you? maybe a really detailed explanation on how to put the save files to the computer and then put them back to the flash cart? anything would help Thank you so much

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys ive tried looking all over for an answer to this question but i haven't quite gotten what i needed so i was hoping that you guys might be able to help me out. When i save files on my g6 lite with either gba or nds games it works great but i can't seem to get the save file to transfer over to the computer and then transfer it back. ive tried to save the save files .0 , .1 .2 to the pc and then delete the rom and install it again and transfer the save files to the card but it doesn't work at all. also the real time save doesn't work either, when i put up the screen to save it just kicks me out of the screen and puts me back in the game... have any of u experienced this problem??? im not sure if maybe my g6 is messed up and i have to send it back??? if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it thank you? maybe a really detailed explanation on how to put the save files to the computer and then put them back to the flash cart? anything would help Thank you so much

Ok, first of all, after you SAVE in the game, did you shut down the NDS and then restart it again, BEFORE copying the files to the computer? You have to restart the NDS at least once before the SRAM battery is transferred to the G6 drive.

I don't know anything about the real time save.

luisnavas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yup i can turn the game off and on and the saves are still there. but if i want to save the save files to the computer and then delete the game and then put the game back on and try to put the save files back on it doesn't work at all and i don't know if im doing something wrong or if my g6 lite is busted

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup i can turn the game off and on and the saves are still there. but if i want to save the save files to the computer and then delete the game and then put the game back on and try to put the save files back on it doesn't work at all and i don't know if im doing something wrong or if my g6 lite is busted

Are you playing a different game after deleting the game?

Because when you restart the G6, it immediately copies the data from the SRAM to the.0 file, and when you launch the game, it copies the data from .0 to SRAM.

So after saving the game and restarting the G6 once, you should copy the 0 file to files 1 and 2 first, and then when you copy the files back to the G6 later, *while you are in the G6 menu*, copy file 1 and 2 over file 0.

You will know for sure if the files are working or not, by simply saving in the game, then loading a NEW rom on the G6, saving in the new game, then resetting again and loading the other game (or even a third game, saving, and then going back to the first game) and seeing if the save is there. If it is, then it is backing up to the 0 files correctly. That's the easiest way to tell, actually. (make sure you don't use soft reset, use hard reset).

luisnavas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just wanted to say thank you to Falkentyne for that help. it worked exactly the way u described it. thanks so much buddy
smile.gif
i really appreciate it
bow.gif

luisnavas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry to bother u again but do you also know the right procedures to save the gba save files to the computer and also how to work real time save and the cheats? cause i was gonna do the same thing that i did on the nds save but u really can't and the real time save when i bring the screen up to save it just kicks me out of the screen and doesn't work and the cheats don't work either. does anyone know how to do this or point me in the direction of where i can find out?

luisnavas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
never mind about the gba saves lol, its the exact same thing:) i just didn't realize how to do it in the gba mode
shy.gif
so only having trouble now with the real time save and the cheats that don't seem to work at all and because the menu for the real time save doesn't work, i can't go back to the menu to choose a different gba game i have to do a hard reset wich is annoying. thanks so much for all the help im getting and im gonna see if i can figure it out but if you guys can help , pls do thanks so much

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu