Hacking G6 Lite Flashing & Sleep Mode

Escape-To-88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,
Was thinking of flashing my G6 Lite so I get better battery life.
However, know that you can't put it into sleep mode so I wondered If I flashed then just used the G6 lite could I put the Passcard 3 in the slot and still save battery life?
In other words the Passcard would be in the DS slot but the unit would be flashed, would the DS still read from the DS slot/Passcard or would it bypass it thus preserving battery life and allowing sleep mode??
cheers for any answer.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I think someone JUST asked this question, but this more or less, pertains to Flashing the DS, not the G6 Lite, right?

What was established was that a Flashed DS with a passcard3 in slot 1 would bypass Slot1 during regular use. When you put into sleep mode, it would just check slot 1 (Pin 1 and 7? I may be wrong).

To sum it up, the advantage of a flashed DS vs Passcard3 ds in terms of powersave is effective when you're actually playing, not really in sleep mode...

Escape-To-88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok.
What I meant was can I switch on a flashed DS with a retail/passcard in the DS slot and still save power? Or will it read from the DS and GBA slot.
I'm basically looking for a solution to save power and be able to put in sleep mode.
So would a flashed DS with a retail/passcard in the DS slot allow me to do this or would it still read from both slots??

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Simply put, it would allow it.

Since its flashed, it doesnt have to read for a PassCard in Slot 1 to boot DS games from the Slot 2. So there really is no down side for flashing a DS =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.