Hacking G6 Lite ENGLISH VERSION INcompatibility list

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm noticing a small audio skip in the music on gameplay mode selection. Hit simple or star trip and listen closely.

Not bad, but not perfect.
This might be present on the original game. It seemed familiar to me when I heard it on the E one and I've spent a lot of time playing my original game card. I'll test my original tomorrow and see if it makes that skip.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The last loader firmware 4.2a is buggy.
just downgrade to 4.2

with G6Lite of a friend, Animal crossing crashed after the nintendo logo with 4.2a
now it's working fine with the 4.2 and Udisk 4.1f
smile.gif

Solver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... The only thing I did differently with this game was copy a save file from the legit meteos card onto the g6 for use with the rom. ...

How did you accomplish that? I noticed there is a DS card -> Default savemenu option, but I wasn't sure what that did. I'm using a Passcard, so can I eject that cartridge while the unit is on and put in my real cartridge and then select that option? I'm worried about unplugging and plugging in a cartridge while the unit is on. Should I close the lid and then do it? I'm using a DSL. Thanks!

kewell79

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
... The only thing I did differently with this game was copy a save file from the legit meteos card onto the g6 for use with the rom. ...

How did you accomplish that? I noticed there is a DS card -> Default savemenu option, but I wasn't sure what that did. I'm using a Passcard, so can I eject that cartridge while the unit is on and put in my real cartridge and then select that option? I'm worried about unplugging and plugging in a cartridge while the unit is on. Should I close the lid and then do it? I'm using a DSL. Thanks!

For those of you with a G6 Lite that want to back up cartridge saves, do the following:

1. Boot up with passcard 3 with G6 Lite inserted
2. Remove passcard 3 with the cartridge that contains the save you want to transfer to G6 Lite.
3. In the G6 Lite menu, highlight the game you want to transfer the save to (say you want to transfer a metroid cartridge save to g6 lite, highlight the metroid backup image)
4. Press Select and choose DS -> Default. Tell it to overwrite.
5. Load up the back up image and your cartridge save will be on it!

No additional software required hence no need for ReinMoon.

If you want to transfer a save from backup image to cartridge just choose Default -> DS

Solver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For those of you with a G6 Lite that want to back up cartridge saves, do the following:

1. Boot up with passcard 3 with G6 Lite inserted
2. Remove passcard 3 with the cartridge that contains the save you want to transfer to G6 Lite.
3. In the G6 Lite menu, highlight the game you want to transfer the save to (say you want to transfer a metroid cartridge save to g6 lite, highlight the metroid backup image)
4. Press Select and choose DS -> Default. Tell it to overwrite.
5. Load up the back up image and your cartridge save will be on it!

No additional software required hence no need for ReinMoon.

If you want to transfer a save from backup image to cartridge just choose Default -> DS

Thanks, that makes sense, but I just want to confirm that in step 2 above you're saying it's okay to unplug a cartridge (the Passcard 3) and plug in a game cartridge while keeping the power on the whole time, right? No closing the lid, etc.?

Explicite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I just got a G6 lite and was curious about the corruption problem and if my card might be corrupted?

I followed the instructions on modchipman for installation and everything seems to be correct.

When I plug into the usb port, their is a file called something like 1.3 loader, does it always show that no matter what firmware you patch it with? I know if you go to the about in the GBA/DS menu, it will show correct firmware which mines is updated to 4.2a but does the file in the flashcart folder ever get renamed?

Anyways about the corruption problem, I'm experiencing it with Lost Magic and Animal Crossing. They are both English versions and I patched it with doFat, NoTrim and No Soft Reset. What I sometimes gets when the game loads up is that both DS screens go blank and I have to restart the DS. It seems to occur at random times in game as well. This can happen a few times before the games start working again properly. Is this a sign of a G6 lite corruption or just that the latest firmware isn't 100% working for these games?

Any advice on what I can do to resolve this? Mario Kart seems to run fine so far.

Thanks

Pensuke

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I've been trying to play Daigasso Band-Brothers, but without success...
When attempting to boot the game, both DS screens go black, basically the DS shuts itself off.
Here are the Writing configs that I've tried so far:

- DoFat, Trim Rom
- DoFat, No trim
- Normal, No trim
- Safe mode, No trim

As for Soft reset, I never use it.

Could anyone be kind enough to try out Daigasso and confirm its incompability with the G6 Lite/Passcard 3 combo?
It would be much appreciated!

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I plug into the usb port, their is a file called something like 1.3 loader, does it always show that no matter what firmware you patch it with? I know if you go to the about in the GBA/DS menu, it will show correct firmware which mines is updated to 4.2a but does the file in the flashcart folder ever get renamed?

Anyways about the corruption problem, I'm experiencing it with Lost Magic and Animal Crossing. They are both English versions and I patched it with doFat, NoTrim and No Soft Reset. What I sometimes gets when the game loads up is that both DS screens go blank and I have to restart the DS. It seems to occur at random times in game as well. This can happen a few times before the games start working again properly. Is this a sign of a G6 lite corruption or just that the latest firmware isn't 100% working for these games?
If you're talking about a file called '_BOOT_MP_V1.3c.gba' this is a copy of Moonshell and sits in the root of the cart. You can delete it if you don't use it.

Those problems you describe aren't a sign of the corruption that people have been talking about. It sounds like a compatibility issue. I read here that some people think 4.2a is buggy, you could try 4.2.

Explicite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're talking about a file called '_BOOT_MP_V1.3c.gba' this is a copy of Moonshell and sits in the root of the cart. You can delete it if you don't use it.

Those problems you describe aren't a sign of the corruption that people have been talking about. It sounds like a compatibility issue. I read here that some people think 4.2a is buggy, you could try 4.2.

I see, thanks for the info. I guess I'll wait until they release the next version and if it still has problems, I'll try out the 4.2. Thanks again

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've been trying to play Daigasso Band-Brothers, but without success...
When attempting to boot the game, both DS screens go black, basically the DS shuts itself off.
Here are the Writing configs that I've tried so far:

- DoFat, Trim Rom
- DoFat, No trim
- Normal, No trim
- Safe mode, No trim

As for Soft reset, I never use it.

Could anyone be kind enough to try out Daigasso and confirm its incompability with the G6 Lite/Passcard 3 combo?
It would be much appreciated!

I just loaded it onto my G6 and the games works fine over here.

- English Card
- v4.2a firmware
- Normal, No Trim, No Soft Reset.

I booted up the rom a few times, and it seemed to work just fine.
Even played through a few musical numbers since I was already in the game.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
use loader 4.2 instead of 4.2a and use options "for all roms same" and "DOFAT"...should work....no problem for me.

Greetings
nds.gif
"Same for all roms" isn't really a patching option. It's just a shortcut if you add multiple roms at once, to save you selecting the patch options separately for each rom. If you just add one rom then it doesn't make any difference.

wolfear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
animal crossing both US & euro work for me

Software reset / Dofat

the only game aint working with soft reset is mario kart , everything else's perfect

Pensuke

Trophies
XP
Country
I just loaded it onto my G6 and the games works fine over here.

- English Card
- v4.2a firmware
- Normal, No Trim, No Soft Reset.

I booted up the rom a few times, and it seemed to work just fine.
Even played through a few musical numbers since I was already in the game.

Ah, maybe I'm still using 4.2 not 4.2a, I forgot... I'll try that! Good to know it works though, thanks.

MrHellFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daigasso Band Brothers also doesn't work for me.

It shuts off my DS when I try to run it.

I use normal, no soft reset, no trim. It gives me 2 white screens for a second and just turns off. I'm using 4.2B loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::tpi: