G6 Lite ENGLISH VERSION INcompatibility list

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by FNORD, Aug 8, 2006.

Aug 8, 2006
  1. FNORD
    OP

Newcomer FNORD Member

Brazil
    Looks like people are having problems with some popular games like Mario Kart and Animal Crossing...

I would like to know if any list of incompatibility with G6 Lite is available... [​IMG]

2. fatfree

Newcomer fatfree Advanced Member

I heard the only game incompatible currently is Spiderman.

I have the G6 Lite, and can confirm that Mario Kart DS works.

3. rosesjaunes

rosesjaunes Newbie

And animal crossing works fine too.

4. beedog19

Member beedog19 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I haven't had a single problem with animal crossing so far

5. Zap

Member Zap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not a single game I threw at it have any problem.

6. Deaddy

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    There was a thread where someone said he used Ultimate Spider-Man in safe mode and it worked fine.

7. MaXy

Newcomer MaXy Newbie

Denmark
    My mario kart, and animal crosing works just fine.

8. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    I tried that and it still crashes if you don't press Start right after the intro.

9. bryehn

Member bryehn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    here's your g6 compatibility list :

incompatible - Pokemon Dash
    compatible - the other 500+ ROMs

10. Picolo

Newcomer Picolo Advanced Member

Sweden
    Mario Kart works fine.. I wonder tho, how can I make the software reset (L+R+A+B to get back to g6 lite menu) work?

11. exile

exile Newbie

Pokemon dash really doesn't work still?

What is it with that game? It is funny how all of the carts I have heard of have at least at one time not ran that game well or at all.

12. MaDDaWg836

Member MaDDaWg836 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    when your writing the ROM to the card, the first option is enable reset. You have to check it to enable it. The reset hotkey is L+R+A+B+Y+X.

13. Deaddy

Canada
    I just got my g6 today. I haven't played many games but I noticed some weird distortion or fuzz in the audio on the main menu for Meteos (US). I didn't start the game but I heard it during the opening menu. I have the real game so I could tell that this wasn't normal. I was using the settings: soft reset, dofat, and trim. Can someone try the game and see if they notice the same effect?

14. jchen

Member jchen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    meteos work for me on the same settings

15. Deaddy

Canada
    Well I played some of the game, and it was fine. I think even the audio was fine. But whenever I go back to the main menu there is some distortion and static fuzz going on behind the music. It's not supposed to be there. The only thing I did differently with this game was copy a save file from the legit meteos card onto the g6 for use with the rom. I could try starting up a fresh game and see if it makes a difference.

I rewrote Meteos to the cart with no save file and it sounded ok at first but as I cycled through the menus that rumbling fuzz started again. It only comes from the right speaker, and seems to occur only in the menus. [​IMG]

16. showdown

Newcomer showdown Member

United States
    I have the same problem with Meteos. The buzzing starts when I switch menus and will stop if I start a game or put it into sleep mode.

Have you noticed slowdown in four player games? I can't tell if it's really slowing down or it's just me.

17. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Pokemon Dash works perfectly on my G6L. It was fixed a few months ago. I think the only game that makes real problems is Ultimate Spiderman.

18. Deaddy

Canada
    I have never played multiple player except for a couple 2 player games. I have noticed a little slowdown in single player on certain worlds when things get really busy, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Last night I tried Ultimate Spider-Man with the usual Software Reset/Dofat/Trim and it froze up like everyone says. If you hit Start enough times during the opening you can skip through the intro and get to the game, where it was fine. I'll try using safe mode on it today and see if that helps.

19. ceevee

Newcomer ceevee Advanced Member

United States
    I experienced the same thing. Anyone else have this? If you don't what's your settings?

20. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    I have not experienced this, and I also have the original cart to compare against. I don't trim anything I put on the cart though, and only use soft reset the odd time.

Bottom line: The only rom with an issue is Ultimate Spider-Man, and that's playable after pressing start during the intro. Everything else so far (barring anything new that comes out that requires updated patching software) works fine.