So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just played "Linda Linda" by the Blue Hearts to my DS and I still have the damn crack!
Guess I tapped when I shoulda dragged.
laugh.gif

(I love that freakin' game!)

temper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to add another failure story - my 2 week old G6 lite corrupted today.

I've always used safe removal, always unplugged usb before removing the cart.

This is what happened:

1. played for a while
2. wanted to play star fox command, so I plugged the g6 in the computer, wrote it with g6 manager

3. Left the g6 in the computer while making lunch

4. upon return, I wanted to add another game. G6 Manager claims about 177 Gb free... and I start to wonder.
5. Write the other game, which finished in 0.5 seconds.
6. Explorer claims cart needs to be formatted
7. I try it in the NDS, no games
8. Reinsert into computer. No LED. Repeat 5 times. Finally a LED
9. Reformat.

A thing to note - my cart was 90-95% full while this happened. I also had not many delete game/write game cycles, so I assume the fragmentation level was low.

Oh well, luckily I have a backup of the saves... and I'll be sure to do them regularly!

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one thing that I am never quite clear on. When people here get a corrupted G6 with all the crazy lettering and garbled info, does a format work or is the card toast from there? I have not had the severe corruption with my G6 but I have formatted it at the first sign of acting funky. also I have been leaving it on the beta firmware because I have found it does not lock up on the touchpad screen (you all know the one....with the black screen on the bottom) with the beta firmware. anyway, my main question to those that get the major corruption problem, does a reformat fix it (sure, your saves are gone but there are worse things than that)
unsure.gif

inter4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My G6 lite was corrupted on the first day i received it.It was working perfectly until I left it connected to the pc in order to charge the battery.I left it for about 2 hours.Until now I couldn't get it fixed any way.It seems leaving it connected is related to the corruption since it happenned with me and with temper.

tama_mog

Kupo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*shrug* fatsort has never been a problem for me though. Let's let the issue go for awhile and see over a longer period how g6 lites holds up. Couple of bad eggs in a batch doesn't make the product as a whole bad.

sketch143

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
seems that everyone has had a problem with their G6Lite at first.. hopefully i don't run into them anymore.

First week of G6Lite? Horrible.. Sound freezing, game freezing, blank screens, corrupted files.. gah.. i felt like i just wasted my money..

I dunno what happened though.. after i fixed the corruption problem.. it hasn't had a problem ever since.. no more freezing and corruption ( i hope.. *knock on wood*)

Anywho. it's a good product, but seeing how a lot of people are having problems with theirs, i doubt that mine's gonna last long.. =\ oh well.. what's $100 anyways... TT_TT

sketch143

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Delete everything, reformat, restore all the old files (first thing i did when i got the flash kit was to backup everything), then update both the file manager and the system for the flashcard.. never had problems ever since.

john61

Trophies
XP
Country
Just FYI

Have 2 G6 lites - given to the kids 10 & 6 respectively - who also lend them to their mates - so they are really tested out - no problems whatsoever - they must have had nearly every english game written at one point or another over the last 5 weeks or so - still going - no corruption - saves perfect - just ordered another for the 3rd DS

J61

Kartel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Did you use the G6 Loader program to take the AC rom off your cart?

What about removing the PDA from the G6 Lite? Could that cause problems? I haven't removed mine even though it's in chinese and takes up alot of space, and I haven't had any problems with my G6 Lite.

I was just thinking since I guess you can't remove the PDA with the G6 Loader program...

logicwatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my g6 lasted for 1 week !
all was going great then out of the blue switched ds on to corrupted icons wouldnt load up.
read card in pc none of my games were visible in g6 loader program?
i/o hardware error appeared !!!
in desperation tried fat format and the application to format on cd provided .
no method of formatting will complete ?
all I can assume is hardware failure
anybody agree??
cry.gif

UnknownBeast

Trophies
XP
Country
my g6 lasted for 1 week !
all was going great then out of the blue switched ds on to corrupted icons wouldnt load up.
read card in pc none of my games were visible in g6 loader program?
i/o hardware error appeared !!!
in desperation tried fat format and the application to format on cd provided .
no method of formatting will complete ?
all I can assume is hardware failure
anybody agree??Â
cry.gif

Did you (taken from another thread):
QUOTE1) Plug the cart into the U-Disk BEFORE plugging into the USB port.
2) Have a stable system with enough power to push via the USB port.
3) Make sure the U-Disk stay still while copying files.
4) Use the "Remove Hardware Safely" option.
5) Don't unplug the U-Disk until the blue LED is off.
6) Unplug the entire U-Disk/Cart and after it is detached from the USB port, then unplug the cart from the Udisk

You should search the forums before asking questions.