• Replies 23

MatrixMaster3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gariscus said:
http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/engine.pl is up again.

They seem to have removed everything to do with the CycloDS Mini, Micro Slot 2 flashcarts. Perhaps they'll also remove the Mini/Micro sub forum as well...

I might be wrong, but I think I saw that they deleted that subforum the day before they closed the forums for "updates." I might have just skimmed over it by accident, though.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joshuatm said:
you people need more hope for TC!

That's rather difficult to have now when they go from being on top of new releases regularly, to being beaten by the R4.

I feel foolish to have even purchased my cart. Had I spent LESS money and bought an R4, I would have expedient firmware updates and be able to play Mario vs. Donkey Kong and Golden Sun Dark Dawn.

What do I do now for those games? Simple, I either don't play them, or I use an emulator.

I'm seriously considering buying an R4, since that way I can actually play everything.

glitchcannon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
joshuatm said:
you people need more hope for TC!

That's rather difficult to have now when they go from being on top of new releases regularly, to being beaten by the R4.

I feel foolish to have even purchased my cart. Had I spent LESS money and bought an R4, I would have expedient firmware updates and be able to play Mario vs. Donkey Kong and Golden Sun Dark Dawn.

What do I do now for those games? Simple, I either don't play them, or I use an emulator.

I'm seriously considering buying an R4, since that way I can actually play everything.
This

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:

Yeah, that is kinda sad, actually. But hey, TC had a good run. I'd say for a good couple of years, they were probably the most reliable, as far as getting fixes up asap. That being said -- with the acecard 2i being so dang cheap -- TC has kind of become marginalized at best. If it wasn't for being tapped out because of the holidays, I'd throw my $15 down for the acecard right now. I've got enough things to keep me busy, so I can wait until either TC wakes from the dead or after the holidays. But yeah, it's sad to see such a solid team fall off their horse & buggy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free