Furry Hater Question

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Sora de Eclaune, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2012

Furry Hater Question by Sora de Eclaune at 8:52 PM (1,841 Views / 0 Likes) 33 replies

1. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    So, this just happened.

The rest of the conversation described someone who does truly sound, in essence, like a furry hater. I was thinking to tell them to pull the "Oh, you love your cat? You must be a furry." argument, but I'm not too sure.

How DO you convince someone that liking furry characters does not make you a furry in any way?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Is it possible to like star trek without dressing up and going to a convention while living in your mother's basement?

Is it possible to like football without going to the game topless with the team colors painted all over your chest?

12 people like this.
  3. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    Is it possible to be a furry without dressing in a fursuit?

4. Xuphor

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    I'm a big time furry, but I cannot stand fursuits. I don't mind/care about people who do, it's just that you'll never see me in one.

@Sora de Eclaune
    Star Fox has an entirely furry cast, but I really don't think that every single person of that game's huge fanbase is a furry. Point out the popularity and characters of Star Fox games to him, heck, he might even like Star Fox himself.

3 people like this.
  5. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    Exactly my point.

6. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Sounds like the guy protests too much, I am implying he could be subconsciously aroused by anthropomorphic artwork

2 people like this.
  7. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

United States
    New development!

I think we're dealing with a mentally challenged...ahem....[censored]bitch.

8. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I would like Solatorobo more if you damn furries stop calling the characters furry.

3 people like this.
  9. Yuki Amano

Member Yuki Amano GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Tell him what a furry is. Let him describe the characters. Problem solved.

Also, how can there be a furry in real life? I don't see humanoid dogs in real life... am I a mentally challenged... ahem... [censored]?

10. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    "Anthropomorphic", then.

4 people like this.
  11. Amber Lamps

Banned Amber Lamps Banned

United States
    Indeed that Rippy is a furry. Thread reply entirely makes sense that amphibians are furries.

What's with the above guy ripping on furries? Everything else exists on this forum.

12. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    What does this person think being a "furry" means? I've heard multiple versions, from simply enjoying something that has furry characters in it, to dressing up as said furry characters, to, dare I say, "getting furry with it".

13. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Is "Furry Hater" the term now?

1 person likes this.
  14. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

United States
    This happened:

...I should probably walk away before I'm offended.

15. Yuki Amano

Member Yuki Amano GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Try one more thing: GOOGLE TIME!!!!! :P

16. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Honestly saying you like a game with anthropomorphic characters in it doesn't make you one. Tons of video games, anime, movies, tv shows, ect. all use anthropomorphic characters in them, does that mean everyone who enjoys those are furries? I don't think it does.

17. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

I don't see the problem with furries or anything in that general field. It's a form of art to some, so let them be.

Some of them look awful cuddly though :3

18. Xuphor

United States
    Similar to how a bunch of 13-30 year old males watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic doesn't turn them into pony lovers, just MLP:FIM (The show itself) lovers.

19. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Okay, don't even try to make the comparison between being a furry and Star Trek.

Star Trek gathered its fanbase for being an iconic sci-fi show that pushed the frontiers of television. It introduced a truly utopian society free of gender roles and race division. And this came out in the 1960's. Star Trek since then has been able to tackle many taboo themes through metaphors that has justified its fanbase and popularity. It is, simply put, the most groundbreaking piece of sci-fi in existence. Period.

Furries are just fucking furries.

I'm sorry, but I will get really goddamn offended if you compare one of the most iconic works in the development of an entire genre of fiction to a group of people who just love human-animal hybrid characters for some reason. It's like trying to compare being an outcast nerd in school to the civil rights movement in America in the 1960's. You just don't do it.

EDIT: I'm also gonna tag in my bro @Gahars since he's a fellow Star Trek enthusiast.

Actually it just makes them stupid.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't like furries. That's pretty damn obvious right now. Want to know why? Because it's all about them. They love attention. I don't just see a furry go to a forum and only bring up their "furdom" if the question arises. They advertise it. They sell it. I'll take that Star Trek comparison from before as an example. I love Star Trek, I grew up with the damn show. But I don't come to this forum and put Captain Picard as my avatar, put "Picard's Biggest Fan" as my subtitle, and then make my signature full of Star Trek quotes and a picture of the USS Enterprise having ship sex with the USS Voyager. I don't advertise it. I'll bring it up when it counts (like right now) and yeah, I'll reference it occasionally, but I don't try to make it what defines me. Furries in general want to be defined as "a furry". Not by their quality of posts, not by their character, but by their obsession with anthropomorphic animals. If someone was to describe me here, it'd probably be "Sony fanboy", "retard", "hater", "flamebaiter", or "one of the best people to grace this planet". Furries here are almost defined first and foremost as furries. They try to sell their love of something so nonsensical and random. And if you say you don't like it, you're branded as some sort of Hitler-level bigot. In all honesty furries are one of my most disliked internet communities, competing currently with bronies.

7 people like this.
  20. Xuphor

United States
    Ok, I'll concede, stupid and MLP:FIM show lovers. :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.