Fully Bricked Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kaze967, Jan 14, 2011.

Jan 14, 2011

Fully Bricked Wii? by Kaze967 at 3:12 PM (3,335 Views / 0 Likes) 30 replies

1. Kaze967
    OP

Newcomer Kaze967 Member

Philippines
    I fear that I may have fully bricked my wii. I was at 4.2u and was trying to get Epic Mickey to work, I assumed that I was merely missing a few ioses, so instead of updating to 4.3u through the system menu, I downloaded 4.3u ios wads and tried to install them with multibatch wad installer thing on homebrew.

It was updating fine until I was hit by an unexpected black out. Now my wii doesn't load up anymore, it's just a black screen.
    I have bootmii installed as an ios and not as boot2.(it wouldn't let me) Is there still a way for me to revive my wii or is it forever lost?

2. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    Do you remember if IOS 70 and 80 was on the list of new IOS's when downloading 4.3?
    Also, don't forget you also need the actual system menu.wad too =P

----

If you downloaded IOS 70, but you forgot to install the system menu it's a brick from installing a stubbed IOS 70 and you are still on system menu 4.2.
    If you downloaded system menu 4.3 but not IOS 80, then its a brick because you missed an IOS that 4.3 runs on.

If it powered off in the middle of installing either the system menu 4.3 or IOS 80 it's a brick for incomplete install.

3. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    If you have a nand backup then I can fix your wii.

4. Kaze967
    OP

Newcomer Kaze967 Member

Philippines
    Well, I have a nand.bin but this one is quite old. I'm assuming that's the nand backup.
    How do I go about and restore my wii with this?

And Zetta, I downloaded all the wads with NUS downloader and I'm sure i had the complete set of wads but what happened was it froze when it finished installing and not long after my whole house had an electrical black out.

5. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    You can't restore that NAND backup yourself; you have no way of getting into BootMii/IOS. My advice: Send your Wii to DeadlyFoez.

6. Kaze967
    OP

Newcomer Kaze967 Member

Philippines
    So the savemiifrii method isn't going to work here?
    Gonna have to give it a try later.

Why would I send my dead wii to some stranger in the internet?
    No offense or anything but that seems rather silly.

Even if I did want to send it though, I don't think sending it all the way across the country is a very wise decision.

7. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    The reason you would want to send it is because you really have nothing to lose, and Nintendo will mostly charge way more to fix it.

8. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    I am highly well known for my brick repairs. I have written tutorials about brick repair using an infectus. I have fixed well over 100 wii's. People have sent me wii's from countries like brazil and canada.

Ask anyone and they will tell you that it is safe to send it to me. I have never screwed anyone over and I never would. I have a great reputation and I would never want to lose that.

But yes, I am probably you're only hope unless you want to try it yourself.

My Infectus tutorial (I need to fix the pics and get it back under my name)

Honestly, I could come up with like a hundred different links of people recommending me or giving me great reviews for my work. But instead, I will leave it as this... Just ask XFlak. He saw me do it first hand in under an hour

9. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    You have a choice, you can send the wii to me or DeadlyFoez. One of us will fix your wii, the other is me.

In all seriousness, Deadly is a mother f-ing assassin with that infectus chip and is your best bet to get it working [​IMG]

10. Kaze967
    OP

Newcomer Kaze967 Member

Philippines
    Well I guess I'm really out of options. Savemiifrii didn't work and sending it to Nintendo is as worse as chucking it out of the window seeing as it practically has a modchip in it.

I may have to consider sending it to DeadlyFoez then.
    Either I find a cheap and reliable enough delivery thing or I wait 5 more months till I move to the US.

11. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    from within the US it costs $10.70 via USPS to ship it one way. Outside of the US I believe it is close to $15 USD depending on where you live. What country are you in?

12. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

lol , finally decided

13. troy512

Newcomer troy512 Advanced Member

United States
    first i would like to say, trust DeadlyFoez, from my reading of the forum he is trustworthy.

second i would like to say, i have personally sent to nintendo a sm ios bricked wii, [the day after 4.2 was released i used bad app which stubbed 60]. they only asked if i had any purchased ww/vc or wii points in shop channel.

they sent me a refurbished wii with fixed boot1 and d3-2 chipset, but it was free!!! not even shipping charges.

that was almost 16 months ago and we now know they have a check disc for pre-repair process. however, i dont think they can run this disc since the system menu IOS is fucked.

luckily i found a co-worker which was more than willing to trade me an updated refurbished wii for an original LU55. only thing i had to do was install FCE Ultra GX and Snes9x GX forwarder channels.

14. Kaze967
    OP

Newcomer Kaze967 Member

Philippines
    The problem is I have modchip in there so they might charge me big for that.

Also, when DeadlyFoez does his thing, does the whole wii data reset? having saves lost forever?

15. brausm08

Member brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    he will reflash your NAND with whatever NAND.bin file you have...so your saves will restore to the day you made that back-up....

16. troy512

United States
    if you have a backup as questioned...

then your wii will be reverted to the backup...

seems obvious

17. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    I can get the save games back.

There actually quite a lot that I can do. If needed I can convert your wii's current nand to run on my wii and then fix whatever the issue was, then convert it to work back on your wii so nothing is lost. It takes a little bit more time to do.

As long as the OP has a nand backup that has the keys then I can easily decrypt the current nand and do my thing. No data has to be lost.

And actually, with some of the recent unreleased apps that I am beta testing I can do a lot more very easily.

No one should under estimate the power of the Foez [​IMG]

18. troy512

United States
  19. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    Well, I'm surprised that out of all these responses no one even so much as mentioned that you may be able use Priiloader to access bootmii and restore your nand. Not sure if it's possible in this situation but it's worth a shot!

20. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    He already tried the savemiifrii. If that does not bring up the recovery mode then there is no working system menu or the SM ios is gone, so priiloader is also not there.