Fullscreen won't stretch

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Skyline969, Aug 6, 2009.

Aug 6, 2009

Fullscreen won't stretch by Skyline969 at 9:50 AM (1,354 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Well, I have a laptop (Dell Inspiron 1525) dual-booting Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Now on my Vista partition, if I were to open a game in 800X600 resolution, it would stretch to fit the entire laptop screen. However, something's not happening in Windows 7 here. When I play a game in fullscreen, it stretches to fit only vertically. I'm left with two black bars on both the left and right sides of the screen. Now while this may be a minor inconvenience, it's still a piss-off because I know it has the capability to stretch to fill the entire screen. How can I make it do that?

2. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    check your driver settings, I know its quite easy to find in the nvidia control panel

3. emupaul

Member emupaul GBAtemp Fan

United States
    my Toshiba satellite has bios settings to either stretch or keep aspect ratio does yours?

4. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    It should either be a BIOs or Nvidia Control Panel Option. For the Nividia CP, it should be under Display>Change flat panel scaling, or at least that's what it is for me.

It'd probably be a good idea to specify the graphics chip/card the laptop comes with.

Wait, from what I saw, it says it has a "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100", not a Nvidia card/chip. As to finding the scaling options for that, you might want to look for some Intel GMA settings in the Control Panel since some of the chipsets I've played with have that to change the setting of the monitor rotation and stuff.

5. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    You're right, TheWingless. I have an Intel graphics chip, not Nvidia. I looked at the settings, and I tried to change one, but it changed back immediately. The weird thing was that I tried to install the Vista drivers on Windows 7 and it said it was an unsupported OS and that it would close. But the screen kept flashing weird like it was installing them. However, once it was done it showed I had the same drivers, but the Intel software was installed. Now I'm kinda scared to install the XP drivers, as it might try to change something else and screw me up.