Gaming Fuck steam

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever had a steam gift card that you couldn't wait to use? Only to have it stolen by some jerk that figured out how to bypass your 2FA? Well, I bought doom eternal while it was on sale a few days ago, finally got a day off work to play it yesterday. Only to find out that it takes me to the purchase page because my account was hacked. The hacker decided they were going to request a refund for my game and use my money to buy items for Dota 2 and gift it to their account. Now, I contacted steam support and was told they won't help me because they won't reverse account transactions made I. The community market place to avoid confusion. Nice to know that this shifty platform sides woth thiefs! Fuck steam, fuck Gabe and his shitty employees!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was it redeemed, the steam gift card? How did this exactly happen, your account being hacked? His IP address when he logged in and made transactions could be sent to your email, no?

Last edited by CoolMe,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever had a steam gift card that you couldn't wait to use? Only to have it stolen by some jerk that figured out how to bypass your 2FA?

Maybe instead of bitching about Steam you should try and be a bit more careful? There are very few hacks that can bypass 2FA, they basically must have been running a trojan or something on your PC. Perhaps you should quit downloading shady shit on your computer, and stop browsing dodgy websites.

Nice to know that this shifty platform sides with thiefs! Fuck steam, fuck Gabe and his shitty employees!
They certainly don't "side with thieves." Take some responsibility. There are over 100 million active Steam users, the vast majority of which haven't had their accounts hacked. Especially if they're using 2FA. You're just one of very few users that managed to do something stupid enough to get your account hacked despite using 2FA.

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe instead of bitching about Steam you should try and be a bit more careful? There are very few hacks that can bypass 2FA, they basically must have been running a trojan or something on your PC. Perhaps you should quit downloading shady shit on your computer, and stop browsing dodgy websites.

They certainly don't "side with thieves." Take some responsibility. There are over 100 million active Steam users, the vast majority of which haven't had their accounts hacked. Especially if they're using 2FA. You're just one of very few users that managed to do something stupid enough to get your account hacked despite using 2FA.
Yeah definitely don't download shady shit or use dodgy websites. Maybe steam should upgrade their security instead of not giving a fuck about the end users account. And what makes it even better is the guy that stole from me made it obvious by gifting those items to their account. Not everyone is stupid enough to make a weak password to guess, I had mine set to what last pass recommended to set it as. And I also use a VPN, malate and virus protection. So don't go blaming me for steams shit web security.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever had a steam gift card that you couldn't wait to use? Only to have it stolen by some jerk that figured out how to bypass your 2FA?
Can't say I have..."bypassing" Steam guard would require access to your e-mail account or smartphone. You probably re-used one too many passwords. Good reminder for me to update some of mine, though.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-