Homebrew Question FTPD No such file or directory

PimpMasterSlick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Keep getting this every time i try to connect through filezilla. I'm on SX OS and licensed.

Also I checked the root of the SD and the license-request.dat is there / any ideas ?

Attachments

• 20180627_165826.jpg
    20180627_165826.jpg
    686 KB · Views: 596

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to delete the license-request file off your SD card before you can use ftpd. The file isn't needed for sxos so don't worry about deleting it.

I tried this, but it's still not working. I'm glad it worked for this other guy, but it's still giving me the same error. Here's what I tried:

- Deleted it from the microSD from a PC. SX just created a new one anyway on boot. Tried FTPD, no dice.
- Deleted it using NX-Shell, tried it again, no dice.

Thoughts?

FearItSelf23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this, but it's still not working. I'm glad it worked for this other guy, but it's still giving me the same error. Here's what I tried:

- Deleted it from the microSD from a PC. SX just created a new one anyway on boot. Tried FTPD, no dice.
- Deleted it using NX-Shell, tried it again, no dice.

Thoughts?

Stop using sx os without a license. If you don't have a license you don't need to use sx os for homebrew.

Reactions: Kioku

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop using sx os without a license. If you don't have a license you don't need to use sx os for homebrew.

While I do appreciate your input, I can't accept that as a valid solution. I know I can use other things for homebrew, but SX OS allows for homebrew without a license so it should work. Really, though, thank you for the suggestion.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I do appreciate your input, I can't accept that as a valid solution. I know I can use other things for homebrew, but SX OS allows for homebrew without a license so it should work. Really, though, thank you for the suggestion.
This happened to me too. I was using exFAT and MacOS. FTP and NX-Shell could both see the file but could not delete it. If I tried to overwrite it I would just have two copies of it. Looking for the file on my Mac it didn’t show. I ended up needing to backup my SD and format it. Then put everything back on and it worked fine after that.

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an update for anyone experiencing the "stat '/license-request.dat' : 2 No such file or directory" issue. Try scanning your microSD card from your PC and repairing any errors.

I've been transferring files manually all day and randomly my PC decides to tell me there's an error with the drive LONG after I started having issues with FTP. I thought, alright sure, scan - repair. Cool. Kept doing normal homebrew stuff. Then it hit me that this rando file everyone keeps talking about was probably the source of the corruption. Even now for all I know it might not have been, but one of the next things I tried was FTPD and it just works out of the blue... So... Maybe an alternative to formatting the entire drive is to just repair the drive.

I'd love to hear if this works consistently with anyone else experiencing the issue.

Last edited by radrom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in