FTP with PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Zetta_x, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Zetta_x
    OP

Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    I have never used a FTP program before.

I want to establish a connection between my PS3 and my computer using FileZilla. While everything seems pretty straight forward and the information on how to do this has been being thrown around like a midget at a party, no one mentions which cable I need or what is recommended.

So far, I have seen Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6 cables, which ones are compatible and which ones should I use? Any other recommendations?

2. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    Anyone of those will work, provided you are plugging it into a router. If you are plugging it into a PC, then you'll need the crossover variety.

3. Zetta_x
    OP

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    Awesome! Thanks for the fast response. Considering I am going straight from my PC to the PS3, I should be looking for maybe a Cat6 Crossover? Is Cat6 leading in this race haha?

4. doyama

doyama GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 30, 2006
    United States
    A Cat6 cable is only going to be useful if you have a Gigabit Ethernet on the PC side. Otherwise your standard Cat5 should be fine for 100mbps.

5. Zetta_x
    OP

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    Thanks, all purchased [​IMG]

6. dronesplitter

dronesplitter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    United States
    I bought this crossover cat6 from monoprice to smb network load PS2 games: http://tinyurl.com/239d6ky
    Cheap, works beautifully.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice