Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never used a FTP program before.

I want to establish a connection between my PS3 and my computer using FileZilla. While everything seems pretty straight forward and the information on how to do this has been being thrown around like a midget at a party, no one mentions which cable I need or what is recommended.

So far, I have seen Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6 cables, which ones are compatible and which ones should I use? Any other recommendations?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone of those will work, provided you are plugging it into a router. If you are plugging it into a PC, then you'll need the crossover variety.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Thanks for the fast response. Considering I am going straight from my PC to the PS3, I should be looking for maybe a Cat6 Crossover? Is Cat6 leading in this race haha?

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:
Awesome! Thanks for the fast response. Considering I am going straight from my PC to the PS3, I should be looking for maybe a Cat6 Crossover? Is Cat6 leading in this race haha?

A Cat6 cable is only going to be useful if you have a Gigabit Ethernet on the PC side. Otherwise your standard Cat5 should be fine for 100mbps.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, all purchased
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat