FTP NooB Help please

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to ftp on xbox. I have read up on how to do it. From my understanding, since I can't hook up my xbox to a router, I can use a crossover cable to ftp stuff directly from my computer to the xbox all while being offline correct?
If so, i know how to make the cable and set up ftp. My problem now is getting emulators. While looking for mameox, kixxx and the n64 emulators, while not finding any actual downloads, I came across something called coinops ignite. My other question is, if ftp will work without being online via crossover cable, can someone link me to the best mameox, n64 and killer instinct emus?
Or if coinops is better, whatever that is?
Also, I had a version of kixxx preloaded on my xbox but tj combo and sabrewolfs screen splat finishes would not work. I would like a version where they do work if possible.
I know this is probably all noob questions, but after googling and looking at xbox mod sites for about 4 hours, I still couldn't really make out the advantage of coinops ignite over other emu or find any downloads.
If someone could help, ill be eternally grateful. :)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I suggest you search for Auto Xbins.
It's "the usual places" to get stuff ;]

You can bridge your Wifi and LAN card together and hook the old box up to your laptop with a standard CAT 5 LAN cable.
It should give an IP adress to the xbox that you can use to log into in with FileZilla.
User and Password are both "xbox" by default and the port is 21 ;]

edit:
Coinops are coin operated arcade machines iirc.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to be able to do the transfer without being online, which is why I have to use crossover cable.
So I need to already have the emus on my pc.
I can dl to pc, but I have no way of getting the emus through the regular online method. I know it sounds silly, but without going into a complicated story, I need to just get them from a direct download on my comp and then move them to xbox. Any way? And should I use coinops or just get the emus separately?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Every file that I copy to the old xbox I do it via Filezilla.

Afaik there is no online mode on the old xbox besides Xlink Kai.
It's up to you.
I personally prefer seperate emu's for seperate systems.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Who said no online/crossover only? Granted these days I use a static IP because why not but I can not recall the last time I did anything with a crossover* cable and an xbox. Stick the xbox on the router, find the IP address (or use a static one) and dial in with any FTP program (filezilla works for me) on that address with username and password of xbox and port of 21 probably using the stock setup and do what needs doing.

If you must use a computer just run a DHCP server on the machine for the duration (I usually use http://www.dhcpserver.de/dhcpsrv.htm but is it bit overkill for most things), use a static IP address or if you can bridge the connections and go from there.

*for that matter the only time I have touched a crossover cable in years is for some legacy factory must run this archaic system thing I got dragged in to have a look at and for the occasions that could use it most halfway modern network cards/ports/switches/whatever will do it in software.

As for downloads either get a copy of autoxbins/easy xbins or get a program called auto installer deluxe.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help. I didn't mean i was trying to get the xbox online though. I meant that I need to be able to download these emulators directly to PC, then directly ftp them to the xbox WITHOUT being online as i have no router. That's why im using crossover cable. I was just asking if that can be done. I cannot ftp to the xbox through online access as i have no router to do it with. hope that makes sense. Basically, i'm online via mobile and have no access to any other internet source. That's why i need to get the stuff, put it on pc, then move them to the xbox.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ahh

Then like FAST said, you'll need to install a DHCP server then.
Alternatively you can burn all the files on a disc and rip the disc with the build in filebrowser on the Xbox.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i cant just get the files and ftp them to my xbox over a crossover cable?
also, anyone know of a fully working killer instinct like i described in first post?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If it worked before the yes you can.
Otherwise you'll need to install a DHCP server.
Or avoid all trouble and burn it on a disc.

Unfortunately no, I don't know any.
If I did I probably couldn't give you a link anyway since it might be piracy.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't be piracy as it is the fault of the emu version, not the game image i believe. The same image works fine on my pc, but when used on xbox it doesn't execute.
Thanks for all the help. Now i just have to figure out how to get the files onto my pc. This is a pain in the ass. :(

Auto xbins won't even connect for me. It keeps saying it cant get host name or something or i have to have permission to get downloads. wtf?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm strange....
But sorry I don't have any );

I also have some problems connecting to Xbins.
I can connect on my friends network but not on my own.
Guess the central server of the apartment building isn't allowing it.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for trying to help dinoh. I appreciate you and fast both being so nice and patient. I admity I truly know nothing about what I'm dealing with here. That's how i started out with the psp though. I just got mirc and am getting flash fxp now. We will see how it goes. Psp was so much easier. Even back in the day where you had to scour multiple sources to figure out how to make a pandora and magic mem stick properly. Ugh...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're welcome at all times ;]

Heh
I can still remember the good old PSP days.
As far as I can remember the battery was called a JigKick battery and the Memstick a Magic Memory stick, together they made Pandora.

The good old days of DevHook

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't have a jigkick though. I hardmodded my battery. ;) Anyway, thanks again for all the help guys. Fast is providing further help via pm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-