FTP crashing with Kmeaw

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by yatesl, Jan 20, 2011.

Jan 20, 2011

FTP crashing with Kmeaw by yatesl at 8:54 PM (1,645 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. yatesl
    OP

Member yatesl GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    After backing up my PS3 discs to my internet hard drive, I'm running out of space (I only have an 80GB hard drive). Therefore, I wanted to transfer them on to my PC. I can connect fine with both Filezilla and FlashFXP, but after a few seconds of transferring the files and folders, I lose connection, and if I switch my screen back to the PS3, I see that I've been kicked out on to the XMB.

Any word on this? Any work arounds? I've tried both Gaia (with lv2 implemented), and multiMAN. I've used both Wifi, and a direct link Ethernet cable.

2. synce

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

United States
    In my experience the best way to FTP is using blackb0x on PS3 and FlashFXP on PC with direct connection (not wireless or router)

3. akari212

Member akari212 GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    just re-install the FTP program and dont let it patch using the backupmanager.

thats the consequences if you try to use the ftp feature on your backup manager, since they patch any existing ftp homebrew on your PS3.

4. yatesl
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'm not entirely sure what that means, Akari, but I'm using Black Box now and (touch wood) I'm having no problems yet.

Now, I can't decide if I want to buy a 500GB internal hard drive for my PS3, or buy an external one for my Wii, and use the hard drive in a docking station that I'm using for my Wii, on my PS3.

Both come to the same price, so I'm weighing up the pro's and con's. Pro: It'll always be in the PS3, not an extra plug socket etc. Con: I'll always have to FTP to get files across, instead of just plugging the external in to my PC.

5. yatesl
    OP

United Kingdom
    Whilst I'm somewhat on the subject, in /GAMES/ do the folders have to be the product codes ("BCES00982") or can they be any name at all ("The Sly Trilogy")?

6. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    You should probably just get the 500GB for internal. Although I've never personally tried it, everyone says that loading from the internal HDD is a lot faster than loading from an external.

As for game folders, I believe they have to be the game id, as the settings are located within the eboot file.

7. synce

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

United States
    Externals are limited by USB2 speeds and 4GB file limit (FAT32), I wouldn't go out and buy one for the PS3 specifically. You can get a 500gb internal for less than a new PS3 game, and a 320gb external for the same price, maybe go that route, though 320gb is overkill for Wii unless you pirate hardcore [​IMG]

8. yatesl
    OP

United Kingdom
    How hard is it to transfer everything and set up a new hard drive? I know apparently it just slides in and out, but what about formatting?

I don't really care about saves etc, as the only time the PS3 gets touched (before now) was for exclusives - the rest is on the 360. It'd still be nice, though.

9. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    Why would you need to transfer stuff if you don't care about the saves? Just take the HDD out and stick the new one in, simple as that. If you mean to transfer out files that you transferred in through FTP, then just transfer them back out with that method.

10. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    I don't know about with CFW, but with 3.41 and jailbreak I was able to run inFamous from gamez/infamous instead of gamez/Bwhatever on the internal HDD. Never really tried any other games that way, though I suppose some games might work and others might not, never know.