Hacking Frogminer method error already one cfw when injecting and doesn't boot into flip studio

13-954

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I factory reset my 3DS before doing this with a clean SD.
INJECT does nothing but tell me "You already have 1 CFW!" and BOOT doesn't take me to the Japanese flip studio, only DS download play. Help?

Last edited by 13-954,
Reactions: zoogie

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you did not uninstall boot9strap on purpose, it should be still there. Can you access Luma settings by holding (SELECT) while booting? If so, CFW is still installed (normal "Format System Memory" does not delete B9S).

Repeat the finalizing part of the guide.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup
Make sure you have the Homebrew Launcher (boot.3dsx) in the root of your SD.

Reactions: Quantumcat

13-954

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I apologise my late reply,
Luma settings are there when holding Select,
and I didn't know resetting the console doesn't delete such.
I'll give the link a try and get back to you, thank you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

boot.3dsx is on the root of my SD and it appears I have Luma, despite this, the Rosalina menu does not open at all with L+Down+Select on the Download Play menu?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
boot.3dsx is on the root of my SD and it appears I have Luma, despite this, the Rosalina menu does not open at all with L+Down+Select on the Download Play menu?
1. Check if your buttons are working.
2. Maybe you have changed Rosalina button combination. → rename SD:/luma/config.bin to reset Luma configuration.
3. Luma versions before v8.0 did not have the Rosalina menu.
→ When bringing up the Luma settings by holding (SELECT) on the top of the upper screen there is
Luma3DS v??? configuration

Depending on the version number you will have to do different things:
Again, starting with version 8.0 Rosalina is part of Luma.

13-954

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have 7.1 Luma so I followed the guide, and held down START to boot into the "Luma3DS chainloader menu", except it took me to the GodMode9 Explorer instead?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The chainloader menu will only appear when there are at least two payloads – does not make sense to show a selection menu for one item.

Make sure your have these two files (and the other files mentioned in https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s):
SD:/luma/payloads/GodMode9.firm
SD:/luma/payloads/SafeB9SInstaller.firm

For the case Luma does not want to start the installer: You can also start .firm files with GodMode9:

FIRM_image_options.png boot_FIRM.png

13-954

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I rechecked that I have everything i should, and after going to FIRM image option, I don't appear to have the boot FIRM option as you do.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I rechecked that I have everything i should, and after going to FIRM image option, I don't appear to have the boot FIRM option as you do.
This sounds like you are using a very old release of GodMode9 (the "boot FIRM" option exists since version 1.3.0).
GodMode9_version.png

Possible reason: boot.firm on the SD cannot be found/used and the fallback on CTRNAND is used instead (chainloading old stuff from CTRNAND as well)

Big hammer method:
  • Rename your boot.firm to luma71.firm (assuming it is Luma v7.1) since you mentioned "clean SD" in the first post
  • Put SafeB9SInstaller.firm into the root of the SD and rename it to boot.firm
  • Start the console. The installer should load. (If not, the next step would be checking the SD)
    • Type the button combo.
    • It should say "SigHaxed FIRM installed success!" on the upper screen.
    • Turn off the 3DS → The installer would continue in an endless loop. Once is enough.
  • Replace the installer boot.firm with the one from v10.0 (brand new) or v9.1 https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

13-954

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now holding START appears the screen telling me I have Luma v10.0. Rebooting and holding the same button boots me into GodMode? I'm unsure if this is suppose to happen? And where do i go from here?

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now holding START appears the screen telling me I have Luma v10.0. Rebooting and holding the same button boots me into GodMode? I'm unsure if this is suppose to happen? And where do i go from here?
Nice. B9S is updated, Luma latest version. So this worked. You can now do the
normally.
Holding (START) → Luma chainloader menu (or just starting GodMode9 if there is no other payload)
Holding (SELECT) → Luma settings

First start of a new Luma version usually brings up the settings as well – no button needed.

13-954

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice. B9S is updated, Luma latest version. So this worked. You can now do the
normally.
Holding (START) → Luma chainloader menu (or just starting GodMode9 if there is no other payload)
Holding (SELECT) → Luma settings

First start of a new Luma version usually brings up the settings as well – no button needed.

All done! Thank you so much for helping me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.