jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
homebrew.gif
FrodoDS Update
Comodore64 Emulator for DS
[2529]frodods.png
Update for the C64 Emulator for the Nintendo DS, FrodoDS. More information below.
QUOTE(Developer's Comment) said:
I finally had some time to work on FrodoDS again after nearly a year without an update, I have added save snapshot support and loading snapshots directly from filelist.

Will save the snapshot using the currently mounted .D64 name changing extension to .FSS. This new functionality is on the button X.

Also now when it starts the filelist will no longer popup automatically, so after the c64 boots up, press the left trigger to bring up the filelist, now if you select a snapshot file ending in .FSS, it will automount the same name with .D64 and then autostart the snapshot.
download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice. The last one seemed to break the reading of about half my .d64 files that the previous one read so hopefully this will fix that. It's a nice little emulator.

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yay! I was always jealous of c64 owners when I was young (I had a Apple IIe). The graphics looked so much better and they had a huge library of games. I'll have to try out some classic games on this (Ultima, Racing Destruction Set, Jumpman, Impossible Mission).

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not bad as an effort, however I got the feel that most games run somehow slow, compared to other 8-bit emulators such as ZXDS.
I can overlook the luck of a real UI and a decent touch screen file system, but the games should be playable at least.
Hopefully the quality of the emulation will improve.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried this release, but the last time I tried this emu EVERY SINGLE GAME I wanted to play on it didn't work.....naturally.
dry.gif

Of course EVERY game I wanted to play was multi disk, so that is likely why. Turrican, Mondu's Fight Palace.....and a couple others I can't rem at the moment.

You would think that a C64 emu on the DS would be absolutely perfect since the C64 was only 64k and 1mhz.
wacko.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd like to see the developer include 50hz support.

Rayder said:
I haven't tried this release, but the last time I tried this emu EVERY SINGLE GAME I wanted to play on it didn't work.....naturally.
dry.gif

Of course EVERY game I wanted to play was multi disk, so that is likely why. Turrican, Mondu's Fight Palace.....and a couple others I can't rem at the moment.

You would think that a C64 emu on the DS would be absolutely perfect since the C64 was only 64k and 1mhz.
wacko.gif

Even though it only ran at 1mhz, neither the DS, PSP or the GP2X have the processing power to emulate it 100%.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
I'd like to see the developer include 50hz support.

Rayder said:
dry.gif

wacko.gif

Even though it only ran at 1mhz, neither the DS, PSP or the GP2X have the processing power to emulate it 100%.

Yeah, OK.
dry.gif
More like nobody is skilled enough to create a proper C64 emu for any of those systems.

Anyway, I tried this version.......still sucks.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it does still suck, but I hope the developer works on it some more. I was able to play MULE with the previous version.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone