Homebrew FrodoDS Help!!!

Ikonz101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to use FrodoDS but I can't get it to read the directory. The reason being is that windows will not allow me to but a / in front of the folder name rd. Its suppose to look like this /rd. That is how FrodoDS reads the directory but without a mac I can not do this. If someone could just make me a folder /rd I would be all set. Or if someone knows how to put a / in a windows folder let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Ikonz101

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ignore the slash, it's not supposed to be part of the filename. Create a folder called "rd" in the root of your memory card and put the files there.

Also, make sure you have a recent version with DLDI support, and that you apply the DLDI patch (if your flashcart doesn't apply the patch automatically).

Ikonz101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I got that up and running Destructobot (thank you)... but every time I try to run a game I get this error:

Load"*",8,1

Searching For *
?Device Not Present Error
Ready.
Run

Ready.

What does this mean and how do I fix this.. I load the file (Last Ninja 3 Disk 1.d64) then I use the R Trigger on the DS to load it and run it automatically then I receive the error above.

I am using a Supercard DS ONE V2 OS 3.0 with a Kingston 2GB (Japan) sd card.

PLEASE HELP!!!
cry.gif

Thank You
Ikonz101

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed that when I updated to the latest FrodoDS. Alot of the disk images that read ok in a previous version wouldn't read in the newest one. Try hunting down a slightly older version and see if that helps.

hard

Trophies
XP
Country
ikonz i know what to do i had same problem has you but after lots of tutting and sighing ive solved it msg here so i know ur around still and i will tell u

hard

Trophies
XP
Country
ok fair doos here is what i did (simple)

when u put ur memory card into the adapter then into the usb the root directory will appear. if you put the rd folder and frodods in there as appose to what i was doing, which was naming a folder c64 then putting frodods & rd into that it works.

also for info purposes i have 2 cards -

1 r4ds
1 supercard ds one ( and the above works on both ) where as previous it didnt i will keep checking in case im not pacific enough or can help further cheers

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work. Yes, the "rd" folder has to be in the root (main) folder of your flash card. What I was having problems with is that with the newest version you have to load the .d64 file twice. When the emulator first starts, select the .d64 file. Then, press the L button on the back of the DS and load it in again. Then press the R button and it should load. Note that some games are incompatible. Also note that not all .d64 files are the same (even if they are for the same game) and some won't work.

-Bri

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It also seemed to me that any game that required disk access after the initial boot would not work. That bummed me out since ALL the games I wanted to play work that way. Oh well.....I just play them on the CCS C64 emu for PC anyway. I have yet to find a game that doesn't work on that. Maybe some talented programmer could port THAT emu to DS. Frodo kinda sucks, IMO.

redeyez

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the M3 Real and I guess quite a few people had issues withe FrodoDS on it.

And the download on the official site is also outdated (v030507)(wtf!?!)

I uploaded the most recent the version on gbatemp (v83007).

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1652

It also seemed to me that any game that required disk access after the initial boot would not work. Â That bummed me out since ALL the games I wanted to play work that way.  Oh well.....I just play them on the  CCS  C64 emu for PC anyway.  I have yet to find a game that doesn't work on that.  Maybe some talented programmer could port THAT emu to DS.  Frodo kinda sucks, IMO.

CCS C64 isnt a bad emu, but I think the most popular one out is VICE which is also open source...VICE is pretty much THE C64 emulator IMHO (It also emulates the C128, VIC-20, All PET models, CBM II and the Plus 4).

VICE Website

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder,

FrodoDS emulates the 1541 disk drive, so games that need to access the disk drive should work as long as they don't have more than one disk. FrodoDS isn't finished, and it looks like the author isn't working on it very much these days which is kind of a bummer. But there are lots of games that are playable, and it's kind of neat to be able to play them on a handheld.

-Bri

thom_tl

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First this is a thread from 2008 almost 10 years old you could probably have created a new thread, secondly this is by far not enough information to help you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.