FrodoDS Help!!!

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Ikonz101, Dec 22, 2007.

Dec 22, 2007

FrodoDS Help!!! by Ikonz101 at 7:08 PM (7,157 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Ikonz101
    OP

Newcomer Ikonz101 Member

United States
    I am trying to use FrodoDS but I can't get it to read the directory. The reason being is that windows will not allow me to but a / in front of the folder name rd. Its suppose to look like this /rd. That is how FrodoDS reads the directory but without a mac I can not do this. If someone could just make me a folder /rd I would be all set. Or if someone knows how to put a / in a windows folder let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    Ikonz101

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Ignore the slash, it's not supposed to be part of the filename. Create a folder called "rd" in the root of your memory card and put the files there.

Also, make sure you have a recent version with DLDI support, and that you apply the DLDI patch (if your flashcart doesn't apply the patch automatically).

3. Ikonz101
    OP

Newcomer Ikonz101 Member

United States
    Alright I got that up and running Destructobot (thank you)... but every time I try to run a game I get this error:

Load"*",8,1

Searching For *
    ?Device Not Present Error
    Ready.
    Run

Ready.

What does this mean and how do I fix this.. I load the file (Last Ninja 3 Disk 1.d64) then I use the R Trigger on the DS to load it and run it automatically then I receive the error above.

I am using a Supercard DS ONE V2 OS 3.0 with a Kingston 2GB (Japan) sd card.

PLEASE HELP!!! [​IMG]

Thank You
    Ikonz101

4. Ikonz101
    OP

Newcomer Ikonz101 Member

United States
    Need some help please!!!

Ikonz101

5. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I noticed that when I updated to the latest FrodoDS. Alot of the disk images that read ok in a previous version wouldn't read in the newest one. Try hunting down a slightly older version and see if that helps.

6. hard

Newcomer hard Newbie

United Kingdom
    ikonz i know what to do i had same problem has you but after lots of tutting and sighing ive solved it msg here so i know ur around still and i will tell u

7. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I have the same problem as Ikonz101. How did you get it to work?

-Bri

8. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    How about just telling everybody how you solved it?

9. hard

Newcomer hard Newbie

United Kingdom
    ok fair doos here is what i did (simple)

when u put ur memory card into the adapter then into the usb the root directory will appear. if you put the rd folder and frodods in there as appose to what i was doing, which was naming a folder c64 then putting frodods & rd into that it works.

also for info purposes i have 2 cards -

1 r4ds
    1 supercard ds one ( and the above works on both ) where as previous it didnt i will keep checking in case im not pacific enough or can help further cheers

10. Bri

United States
    I got it to work. Yes, the "rd" folder has to be in the root (main) folder of your flash card. What I was having problems with is that with the newest version you have to load the .d64 file twice. When the emulator first starts, select the .d64 file. Then, press the L button on the back of the DS and load it in again. Then press the R button and it should load. Note that some games are incompatible. Also note that not all .d64 files are the same (even if they are for the same game) and some won't work.

-Bri

11. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    It also seemed to me that any game that required disk access after the initial boot would not work. That bummed me out since ALL the games I wanted to play work that way. Oh well.....I just play them on the CCS C64 emu for PC anyway. I have yet to find a game that doesn't work on that. Maybe some talented programmer could port THAT emu to DS. Frodo kinda sucks, IMO.

12. redeyez

Newcomer redeyez Advanced Member

United States
    I have the M3 Real and I guess quite a few people had issues withe FrodoDS on it.

And the download on the official site is also outdated (v030507)(wtf!?!)

I uploaded the most recent the version on gbatemp (v83007).

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1652

CCS C64 isnt a bad emu, but I think the most popular one out is VICE which is also open source...VICE is pretty much THE C64 emulator IMHO (It also emulates the C128, VIC-20, All PET models, CBM II and the Plus 4).

VICE Website

13. Jaejae

Member Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

New Zealand
    You have DLDI patched it?

14. Bri

United States
    Rayder,

FrodoDS emulates the 1541 disk drive, so games that need to access the disk drive should work as long as they don't have more than one disk. FrodoDS isn't finished, and it looks like the author isn't working on it very much these days which is kind of a bummer. But there are lots of games that are playable, and it's kind of neat to be able to play them on a handheld.

-Bri

15. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States

Right there is the key problem for me.

16. redeyez

Newcomer redeyez Advanced Member

United States