Hacking Question Friend's switch kinda bricked

Gr3n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Helped my friend get started with CFW last week, and sent him out with his Switch doing a full nand backup with full verification on Hekate. Earlier today he tried to restore the backup on his own since Smash is coming tomorrow and it crashed on restore around 15% in. I went and tried to sort him out but his SYSTEM and USER partitions were corrupt to all hell. SYSTEM has a bunch of corrupted files in that can't be deleted and are reporting being upwards of 300 GB. USER partition won't even load in HacDiskMount as it says the BIS keys are invalid even though we know they are valid (the BIS keys work on every other partition fine). Went through the ChoiDujour process to try and get him fixed up but the Switch won't boot with the corrupted USER partition. It boots past both boot logos and then gives error 2002-4686 (invalid FAT format for BIS User partition). Does anyone have any advice for us? We do have his PRODINFO and it seems to be intact.

Gr3n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That SD card is hella corrupted. Reformat the SD card and try the backup again.
All of the files I mentioned are on his NAND after trying to restore from the SD card. His only backup is on the SD card which is too corrupt to be usable anyways.

Dark_Entrophy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All of the files I mentioned are on his NAND after trying to restore from the SD card. His only backup is on the SD card which is too corrupt to be usable anyways.

If he didn't copy his NAND and other backups to a different device and they got corrupted, I think he may be dead in the water.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: