Hacking Frequency of Updates

CollinFalling

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my ievolution in the mail.
Besides being a little miffed by the how some of the edges aren't properly sealed, it is still a solid piece of hardware.

My question is, how often to the Cyclo team roll out updates? It would be reassuring to know this thing has a long, continued support.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
...I don't think I will ever understand why people relate the speed of updates to the support...they are entirely separate things...Just because a team releases updates doesn't mean that they are the greatest at support (ie. M3 team)...If all you ever used was the speed of updates as a judging point, the dead flashcart teams would be last, most of the high end high compatibility flashcarts would be second to last, the middle would be the regular flashcarts, and then Wood compatible flashcarts on the other end (due solely to YWG updating it often because the R4 doesn't have the hardware to put it with the other flashcarts on the high end).
In any case, the CycloTeam used to be known for great customer support...Whether they live up to their former name is up to them.

CollinFalling

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice rant. You probably need to calm down with that crap as I doubt anyone cares.

But I equate updates to support as newer games often need updates to run. Therefore, consistent updates are needed for the device to be worth anything. I'd hope
the CycloDS team would support their community by allowing future compatibility - their past updates may prove their future.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't really call it a rant, it was an explanation catered towards your viewpoint. The fact that no one else posted shows that it was an adequate answer anyways. More or less, I am just telling you that you should not base decisions on the speed of updates and long-past records, as the M3 team is a perfect example. They technically release updates faster than the DSTWO, but a variety of the latest updates fix something and break something else. Not only that, but they were considered to be a great team that had a great flashcart, but now the M3 series is practically unsupported even with the team still somewhat active. Thus, my previous post gives other alternatives if your goal is to have fast updates versus flashcarts that are currently decent and don't require as many updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge. +1