Gaming Freestyle Dash 360

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed, two questions.

Does anyone use the SET LED function? If so, what is it for exactly? Which LEDs are actually altered?
Secondly, what does everyone suggest setting the fan speed mod on for optimal console/fan life and system cooling?

Thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The usually green ring around the power button is what is altered. You can do it for fun (turn them all amber or turn them all red) and if memory serves there is a crude a temperature gauge option as well.

Fans- I usually opt for as much noise as you can stand (definitely for falcons and everything before it, Jaspers are a bit better but less heat is always good for electronics). Fans do die on occasion but it is the exception rather than the rule and they are trivial to replace not to mention there should be cutoffs inside the console to avoid damage so I say ignore any fan death concerns. 360s do tend to run a fair bit hotter than your average PC.

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I always appreciate your help and that you take the time to answer what may seem like trivial questions to some. Much appreciated!

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ JohnLoco - for Freestyle Dash to work your Xbox needs to be Jtagged. You will get banned shortly after logging on to live.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With freestyle dash (well any rebooter) you have region free, hacked games, GOD installs from discs/isos, ftp access to the drives (saves, profiles and the like).

If you do want a faster fan then there are hardware mods available- the fans at stock levels run from fairly low voltages so you can up the voltage by tapping another point on the motherboard and using that instead: http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/mods/360-12V-fan-Mod.htm is the original mod here and while I do often do that one (my JTAG box is done like that) I have on occasion tapped directly into the power feed instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.