Freeshop - Updates and DLC

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by nippyn, Dec 3, 2016.

1. nippyn
    OP

nippyn GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Hi guys. Anyone know of a reason that Freeshop isn't showing available updates for my installed games anymore?

I am using a JPN N3DSXL region changed to EUR and Luma 6.6. It used to display any updates or dlc available but I noticed it stopped working a few weeks ago and can't think what has changed?

As an example, I can't get updates for Super Mario Maker (or any other game) and because it's region changed, I can't access the real e-shop to update from there.

Any suggestions would be great

2. Liambass

Liambass Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2008
    I don't know about in general, for as far as SMM goes it's because the titlekey for the update hasn't been re-encrypted on the titlekey site.

nippyn likes this.
  3. Lotoonlink

Lotoonlink Probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Aug 15, 2016
    United States
    Updates and DLC will only show up if you "own" them. Make sure you have everything you need.

Last edited by Lotoonlink, Dec 3, 2016
    nippyn likes this.
  4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Did you try asking on the official thread instead of making a thread?

wormdood and Quantumcat like this.
  5. nippyn
    OP

nippyn GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Thanks guys. I'm wondering if it is something with the tickets getting screwed up somehow, which would tie with what Lotoonlink has said. I thought that maybe SMM maybe didn't have the updates available yet, but I'm also getting the same problem with everything except Themes. Thanks for the suggestions

Yes I have

Lotoonlink likes this.
  6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Did you get an answer on the official thread?
    I ask this because if something is a bug, it's best to ensure the devs know about the bug. Which is made harder when it's not brought directly to their attention.

7. nippyn
    OP

nippyn GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Just had a reply 2 minutes ago. I posted on the official thread but wasn't sure how well it was monitored. I asked here also in case someone else had come across anything simple because a few searches haven't turned up any obvious answers

8. nippyn
    OP

nippyn GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Issue has now been resolved on the official thread. Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys

LongDongSilver likes this.
  9. ITookYourWaffles

ITookYourWaffles Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2016
    United States
    I got a same problem you got a link or something? How did ya do it?