Hacking Freeshop and FBI issues

Chris230291

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. Been months since I touched my 3DS. Installed the latest update from nintendo today, then I downloaded the latest boot.firm from luma and replaced the old one on my SD card so it would boot (wouldnt before). I'm back in but Freeshop crashes (an exception occured) when I try to download a game.

FBI also gives me an error when I select update (in an attempt to fix the freeshop), it gives me "failed to check for uopdate".

Any idea what I can try?

Thanks,
Chris

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. Been months since I touched my 3DS. Installed the latest update from nintendo today, then I downloaded the latest boot.firm from luma and replaced the old one on my SD card so it would boot (wouldnt before). I'm back in but Freeshop crashes (an exception occured) when I try to download a game.

FBI also gives me an error when I select update (in an attempt to fix the freeshop), it gives me "failed to check for uopdate".

Any idea what I can try?

Thanks,
Chris
freeshop got screwed. so you are likely gonna need to get games the old fashion way. and likely if you got fbi 2.5.0 there is no updates needed. that is latest one.

Chris230291

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply fella
Ah so freeshop is messed up then?
My FBI is 2.5.0. Worries me that the update failes though.

What was the old fassioned way? I dont remeber. Vaigly remeber some ticket downloader back in the origional wii days.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply fella
Ah so freeshop is messed up then?
My FBI is 2.5.0. Worries me that the update failes though.

What was the old fassioned way? I dont remeber. Vaigly remeber some ticket downloader back in the origional wii days.
it fails cause there is no update to update on it. That is latest. it wont do anything to update that.

Old fashion way is to grab a rom from some site, stick it on the sd card and use FBI to install it with. Ticket downloaders are not going to work on 3ds no more.

Chris230291

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right thats easy enough thanks.

I know the WiiU helper got closed too. Is it a similar thing with freeshop or are there plans to restore it?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right thats easy enough thanks.

I know the WiiU helper got closed too. Is it a similar thing with freeshop or are there plans to restore it?
Its all the same, Nintendo screwed them all with how their new implements work. AFAIK there is not ever going to be a way to fix something like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv