Status
Not open for further replies.

asdfqwer426

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found out about this on reddit and googled to find more info, not much out there yet but I saw this post. Wanted to just chime in and say my 70012 slim has the right DVD software (3.10), so I tried it out.

This was SO easy. I've done the FDHB image for a fat, I've done the editing a game ISO with apache and messing with sensors, and this new method was just so simple.

You just burn the premade ISO and boom, uLaunchELF opens right up. from there you can open FMCB installer from a USB drive and make your own cards. Once this is ported to other versions of the DVD player software, this will be THE method to install FMCB.

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Found out about this on reddit and googled to find more info, not much out there yet but I saw this post. Wanted to just chime in and say my 70012 slim has the right DVD software (3.10), so I tried it out.

This was SO easy. I've done the FDHB image for a fat, I've done the editing a game ISO with apache and messing with sensors, and this new method was just so simple.

You just burn the premade ISO and boom, uLaunchELF opens right up. from there you can open FMCB installer from a USB drive and make your own cards. Once this is ported to other versions of the DVD player software, this will be THE method to install FMCB.
I totally agree with you, this is as good as it gets for the ps2 (unless they discover a USB exploit)
Also, just letting you know:creep:

Last edited by Valery0p,

TheMrIron2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
It's really nice to see that the PS2 has been experiencing somewhat of a renaissance, with RetroArch, the new toolchain and now this. Fantastic work, and I'm glad to see a new exploit on a console that doesn't have enough of them :)

Reactions: KarlslandOtaku

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can someone please make a YouTube video guide how to use this?
I want to give it a try but i dont know how to use it.
There's not much to explain.

1) Check your DVD player version (boot the console without disc and press triangle). This only works on a 3.10E/U/J player.
2) Burn this disc: https://github.com/CTurt/FreeDVDBoot/raw/master/3.10E.iso
3) Boot it on your Playstation 2, uLaunchELF (+USB mount support) should pop up.
4) From there you can launch any kind of executable (elf) so just boot Open PS2 Loader, Free McBoot Installer or whatever.

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm going to give it a try.
One more question how do i use homebrew and it's still possible to play PS2 games you download from internett?

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm going to give it a try.
One more question how do i use homebrew and it's still possible to play PS2 games you download from internett?
Yes, you can use OPL to play your backups, please read the other posts and educate yourself before asking a question.
There's not much to explain.

1) Check your DVD player version (boot the console without disc and press triangle). This only works on a 3.10E/U/J player.
2) Burn this disc: https://github.com/CTurt/FreeDVDBoot/raw/master/3.10E.iso
3) Boot it on your Playstation 2, uLaunchELF (+USB mount support) should pop up.
4) From there you can launch any kind of executable (elf) so just boot Open PS2 Loader, Free McBoot Installer or whatever.

Last edited by Valery0p,

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Update: experimental 3.11 build added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat