Freeboot 0.40/ DashLaunch 2.03 Released.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by tk_saturn, Nov 11, 2010.

Nov 11, 2010
  1. tk_saturn
    OP

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Freeboot 0.04

This is a replacement for ibuild, and will generate a FreeBoot 0.04 image.

I'm surprised this happened so quickly. I've tested this, and it works fine. There is a crucial difference from freeBoot 0.032, if there is no DVD-ROM drive attached it will boot into Xellous when you power on the console. If you are using a driveless console, before building your freeBoot 0.04 image enter the bin directory and rename freeboot.bin freebootxellous.bin and then rename freebootalt.bin to freeboot.bin.

[​IMG]Download fbBuild 0.1 use to build your FreeBoot 0.04 image.

This is confirmed to work.

[​IMG]Download Dashboard 12611 (extract to the data directory)

[​IMG]Download Donor NANDS (including Zephyr CD 4558). Use if you don't have a dump of your original NAND. Use the CD which matches that of your motherboard.

[​IMG]Download Flash360. Use this to dump and flash your NAND.

How to install:

Copy flash360 to a usb stick and run on your JTAG, make a dump of your NAND, copy the flashdmp.bin file to your fbBuild directory. Power off the console, plug in either a component or composite video lead, then power on via the Eject button. Note down your CPU Key.

Extract fbBuild 0.1 to a directory on your PC, and place your NAND dump within. Hold down shift and Right click on the directory, select "open command prompt here". Type ibuild.exe x -d temp\ -p CPU_KEY -b DD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA flashdmp.bin replace CPU_Key with that you got from Xell/ Xellous.

Extract the contents of the 12611 Dashboard to the data directory. Copy crl.bin, crl.bin.meta, extended.bin, extended.bin, kv.bin, odd.bin, odd.bin.meta, secdata.bin, secdata.bin.meta, smc.bin, smc_config.bin from the temp directory to the data directory. If you are missing some of those files, you should be able to find them in the Donor NAND's archive.

At the command prompt type fbBuild.exe -c MOTHERBOARD -d data -b DD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA -p CPU_KEY updflash.bin. replace CPU_Key with the CPU_key you got from Xell/ Xellous, replace motherboard with XENON, ZEPHYR, FALCON, JASPER, JASPER256 or JASPER512 depending on your motherboard revision. Copy updflash.bin to a USB stick and flash with flash360.

[​IMG]Download DashLaunch 2.03 This is an updated version for freeBoot 0.04

If you want to use Avatars and Kinect etc, you'll need to apply the systemupdate from Microsoft http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/1...Update12611.zip extract the $systemupdate folder to a USB stick. Caution needs to be taken, if you are running freeBoot 0.032 or earlier the update will blow your eFuses so ensure you system into reports dashboard 12611 before applying. To be safe, make sure U6T1/U6T2 is bridged.

2. nico445

Member nico445 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    how would i make a good nand file? i have a clean nand of my xbox and how do i get the firmware files? [​IMG] and there is a flash program flash360 or something for that isn't it?

3. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Nice [​IMG]. Think I'll wait till something I'm interested in needs the new dash before I use it, but nice to know it's there when needed and we're not stuck on 9199. Does dashlaunch work with it? or do we need to wait for new version (I like to boot straight into fsd).

Oh, nevermind just saw new dashlaunch on xbox-scene after posting this.

4. tk_saturn
    OP

United Kingdom
    Mine updated fine, hate the dash though.

5. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Hmmm. Funny, I posted this hours ago... HERE

6. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    Does this mean there will be lobbies again? I hope not [​IMG]

7. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    nice. just out of curiosity but any idea if instant ban on live? How is kinect anyway?

8. tk_saturn
    OP

United Kingdom
    Sorry Hunds, didn't notice. Just did a quick scan of FAST's posts.

9. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    All good. I only occasionally sneak in like a ninja! [​IMG]

10. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Good news- I had wondered how this might play out.

Not sure I will be updating all that soon though- no games I care to play and I do quite like some of the extra patches available (controller remapping and the like) although if the core set is there I can make do.
    On the other hand it might be time to go dual nand.

re live. I am told they have got bans down to an hour or so now rather than the four or so there once was. I would have thought the devs would have blocked live again though- I do not care about live but I would rather an accident not see my keyvault revoked as it is pretty handy for signing stuff for friends.

11. tk_saturn
    OP

United Kingdom
    Go into your router and under your firewall block the IP of your JTAG's from connecting to 65.54.0.1-65.55.255.255. It won't even be able to get the status of Live, while your non JTAG will still be able to connect.

12. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    Yeah I probably should do that- it is not like there are any live boxes around here.

Although seen as Assassins creed brotherhood is wave 8 or 9 and AP25 as well I might consider upgrading. Wonder how hard it is to debug the dash* (or indeed if a GOD install bypasses it like most other problems) using just a JTAG box.

*I might get my hands dirty and do an AP25 bypass patch.

13. Dinzy

Newcomer Dinzy Member

United States
    For those of you like me who have not done anything to their Jtags for a year or so and do not have any non HDMI cables handy:

Xellous is can be "logged" into via a browser if it is networked

just type the IP address and you will be able to retrieve CPU key and all that jazz

also there is a program RAW2SMC which will get the correct SMC for you if you run into the problem where the smc.bin file is only 16k when it should be 128k. You can get the rawsmc file from Xellous via Http.

14. mocalacace

Member mocalacace GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So I guess you can go on live, just you'll get banned hella fast.

But you would think if they were going to add live support to the new dashboard they would make it so it wasnt as easily detectable by MS. But I have no idea how they would go about coding the new dashboard so I could be completely wrong.

15. dilav

United States
    most likely did not remove live support because it would most likely be hacked to re-enable it and people may charge more or sell a xbox live working freeboot. Or maybe it may interfere with other networking functions of the 360.?

16. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    Wow I read release notes/NFOs more carefully. Given what happened just below this I might turn my hacking intent towards blocking XBL.

In other news the dashlaunch people just kicked AP25 in the head with 2.05

Changelog
    v2.05
    - added AP25 xex priveledge filter (fix AC:B GOD/xex, maybe others)

http://www.xbins.org/nfo.php?file=xboxnfo1881.nfo

17. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    I can't find anything interesting about blocking LIVE in the release notes. Can you post what it was?

18. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    "- STAY THE HELL OFF LIVE! Nuff said, we're not you're mum."

The last ones were blocked and later said block hacked out, if you are interested in such things and can wade through a minor flamewar http://www.xboxhacker.org/index.php?topic=12986.0 has a few bits if info.

19. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    you can still go on live, but you're banned within a few hours, enough time for hosting a modded black ops server.

20. dilav

United States
    crap, maybe they will take care of banning/suspending/patching on bo more than mw2...