ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I think I heard of one of my co-worker's brother having an app that let's you text for free. If I heard right can someone point me to such an app cause my cell phone bill is killing me and I was going have them cut off my text messaging and keep my unlimited talk/data plan. Please tell me that such a thing exist

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dunno if this app is avaible for the iPhone, but check out the App "Whatsapp", it allows you to text using that "Ping"thing. And other people using Whatsapp.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yea theres a app called Fring that does free texting and free calling as well but you need internet cos its VOIP i think

Im sure it does texting but not sure how (i know its free though)

Joktan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Textfree:) I use wifi but I think it can use 3G.if not go find a app in cydia that makes it thinks that your 3G is wifi.3G break or something.textfree is enlimited just has a little adds.you can buy out the adds for like a buck..

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are several such apps you can find in the top rankings of the "social networking" section of the app store.

Personally I'm using Google Voice for free texting at the moment, but as there is no official Google Voice app yet, it's kind of a workaround. I'm having GV not forward texts to my phone and instead place a copy in my Gmail inbox, and set up a filter to have Gmail forward any such emails to a Boxcar email address that then sends me a push notification stating I have a new text. When I click "open" on that, it loads the GV Mobile Plus app for me so I can respond to the text.

Not entirely optimal, but it gets me unlimited texting with push notifications so I'm happy. I then pay $5 for 200 texts per month that I use sparingly, switching to GV (or Beejive's AIM-to-SMS feature) for back and forth conversations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night