PS1/2 Free MCBoot not working, any ideas?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello all!

Finally managed to get around and try the memory card with Free MCBoot installed (thanks pyro for the card!), but when inserted into the PS2, nothing happens. The memory card has 2 folders (BOOT and SYS.CONF) and a saved data file named Free McBoot. I've tried both slots, turned the PS2 off and on, tried turning it on after taking the plug out, nothing helps. Also the PS2 isn't modded since the warranty void sticker is still intact (just tested, it starts showing the VOID text only after I peeled it a little).

My PS2 is SCPH-30004 and pyro's PS2 was a SCPH-50003. It was tested before shipment to work..

If someone can point me to the right direction with this one, I'd be very happy :)

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was it a multi-version install? If it was not and was only the normal install, then it will only work on the model it was installed on.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It apparently was a normal install. Would it work on another 5000x model (probably 50004 here in Finland) or does it have to be 50003?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It should work on another pal 5000X. Installs are region specific, but I think all the pal consoles are grouped into one, even though they have different model numbers, (2=Australia, 3=UK, 4=Europe), but I'm not 100% sure, so might want to see if you can find out, unless you have access to one for free.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'll check all my friends and their consoles, but I'm not really getting my hopes up. Most have the slim consoles (7000X+) and won't be able to help me. We'll see :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4