Fraps 3.5.0 not starting

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was working fine ever since I got it.
Since this morning, it simply doesnt start. I have checked the system processes, it doesnt show up there either.

Yes, I ran it as admin, change compatibility.. simply doesnt work.

Version 3.4.7 or any other version just works fine o.O.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been literally trying since morning.
Reg cleaners, deleters etc what not...

ANY version runs fine except 3.5.0 o.o
It was just running fine yesterday and I havent changed any settings or done anything to make it not work suddenly. Searched on google and seen a lot of other people with similar problems without any proper suggestions on how to solve it.. apart from reg cleaner related crap.

edit: I need 3.5.0 since it doesnt split the files every 4GB. Any prior version does that. Putting those buncha files together and render as 1 video takes FOREVER. I would rather have 1 big ass file and convert it through handbrake.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not at home to see what's up with the new version, but for joining the files I've always used Virtualdub since you can append AVI files and just set the video mode to direct/stream cop (forgot the exact wording), where it will transfer the frames as-is without re-encoding them, so it's a hell of a lot faster to join the files than running them through a video editor.

If nobody else has a solution then I'll see what's up when I get home.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not at home to see what's up with the new version, but for joining the files I've always used Virtualdub since you can append AVI files and just set the video mode to direct/stream cop (forgot the exact wording), where it will transfer the frames as-is without re-encoding them, so it's a hell of a lot faster to join the files than running them through a video editor.

If nobody else has a solution then I'll see what's up when I get home.
Thanks man. Nothing wrong specifically with 3.5.0
other people are having similar issues with other version. Only solution that people are talking about is regcleaner and deleters. I deleted all the registry files related to fraps, re-installed, but still nothing fixed.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Funny thing is, it started working without me doing anything.

I deleted all the registry files, kept on uninstalling and re-installing.. restarting windows.. nothing worked.
But studdenly now, it starts up o.O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)